Good day folks.

Yesterday I was at coffee shop with my friend. She got a dog for her birthday. He is so lovely. But she is scared for his health. She told me that his mom had hip dysplasia and she is scared that very soon her dog will be diagnosed with it.

I don’t know what to tell you since I don’t know so many things about it.

So, I came up here. I was hoping that you can tell me what are the diagnosis and prevention of hip dysplasia in dogs?

Share with me whatever you know :)

Hey Treasure.

I understand why she is worried but just because his mom had it that doesn’t mean that this is going to happen with her as well. Some breeds are genetically predisposed to get hip dysplasia.

But I am glad that she thinks in advance.

Vet is the only one who can diagnose hip dysplasia in dogs, but you can notice it thanks to some symptoms as well.

There are so many things that can be done when dog is diagnosed with it. For example, dog with this disease will have to exercise.

It needs to be diagnosed on time because in some cases total hip replacement is necessary.

Hey. My dog is diagnosed with hip dysplasia. I notice this because he had weird symptoms. He was jumping like bunny and I notice that he can get up from a sitting position. I believe that prevention is not possible. I am really sorry because I need to tell you this. If I knew how to do it, I am sure that my dog wouldn’t have hip dysplasia. But instead of crying I am focused on the treatment. My vet recommended me good exercise program. It was hard at the beginning but now it is easy. Psychical exercises are also very important.

Hello there guys. This is ugly diseases. But I can swear that I was reading somewhere that this disease can be prevented. For example, you can prevent it with foods. You should give your dog high quality food that is full of nutrients and minerals. Most of vets will tell you that some extra weight will effect on your dog’s hips and joints.

Diet that is lack in nutrition also can lead to this disease and some other abnormalities in dogs.

When you are choosing a food for your dog, you should always look for high quality commercial food that has a lot of vitamin E.

Hi guys. Hip dysplasia is very common degenerative joint disease in dogs. It can be found in dogs and primarily this is a disease of large breed dogs. You maybe can try to prevent it, but some dogs just going to get it no matter what. Anyway, because hip dysplasia is an inherited condition there are no products on the market that are going to prevent the development of this disease. Medical treatments are good and they can help dog with this issue. But even if you feed your dog right, even if you exercise with him sometimes that doesn’t have to mean anything.

Hello there. Well I believe that hip dysplasia cannot be prevented. Maybe it can be postponed – MAYBE, but I still don’t believe in this. Yes, exercises can be good but sometimes they can speed up whole this procedure. I agree that feeding your dog with good and balanced diet program can help because your dog won’t gain extra pounds, but it is still not a solution.

And yes, one more thing. This is inherited disease and there are multiple genes involved. Dogs without the genes for hip dysplasia will not develop it. So in this case that we are talking about it is possible that this dog can develop hip dysplasia.