Hi everyone. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I'm also overweight which makes my condition even worse. I'd like to start working out to lose some weight and to get my joints back in shape. I tried some stretching and mild exercises but they just made th pain worse. My joints are stiff and inflexible, and very painful, so I can't live without pain medications. Anyway, I've heard that exercise can help in strengthening and toning my muscles and also help reducing fibro flare ups, so I don't want to give up. People recommended me yoga and pilates. I guess they could help me with joint pain, but are these exercises also good for weight loss?

Hello. Exercise can help you with both fibromyalgia symptoms and weight loss. However, more exercise is not the key to managing fibromyalgia. It's rather the type and amount of exercise.It has to be the right kind of exercise. Avoid activities such as running because they may make you hurt even more. Find an activity that doesn't hurt while you do it, and doesn't increase your pain symptoms. Warm water helps stretching your muscles with less pain so you should look for an aquatics program. Yoga and tai chi may also be helpful thanks to their gentle relaxing movements and breathing techniques. Pilates is an exercise that may help you with weight loss but  won't alleviate your fibromyalgia symptoms or pain. No pain - no gain does not apply to you. You need to find activities that suits you the most and that don't cause pain. Remember to start low and go slow. That's the key.

I am into fitness and exercises almost whole my life. I am always telling to my friends that any type of exercise is better than none. It is proven that even in this case, exercise can help maintain bone mass, improve balance, reduce stress, and increase strength, which is even better than taking some fibromyalgia pain relief in my opinion. So, getting regular exercise can also help control your weight, and when you look a little bit better, this for sure can help you reduce the pain of fibromyalgia.You should not do any heavy exercises, some light will just fine.

As per my recommendation you should try such generic medicines like Generic Xenical for weight loss but make sure if you are diabetic or take any other obesity related medication, before take please consult to your local doctor or pharmacist.

Pool exercises really help, especially in a therapy or arthritis pool, which are heated to 93 degrees. Check out the Hydrofit website for exercise equipment and exercises.