Hi. I`m 49 yo F. Few weeks ago I went to see my doctor because of eye sight problems. My joints were in pain also and I thought that I have rheumatioid arthritis and that my eyes are completely another problem, not linked with the joint pain. But I was diagnosed with lupus. I have read something about that disease and I know lupus is some kind of an autoimmune disease, when your immune system creates antibodies which attack your own tissues. But what is that got to do with my eyes?

The symptoms of lupus may include extreme fatigue, joint or muscle pain, mouth ulcers, anaemia, fever, hair loss, rash, and yes, eye problems and even depression. Lupus can imitate other diseases, such as arthritis. Unfortunately, there is no cure for lupus. Patients remain under meds and that treatment is effective enough to minimize the symptoms. You should also avoid the sun and regular exercise will do you good – helps prevent muscle weakness.