I am getting tired of my current condition. Whatever I do, it doesn't matter is I resting or moving, running or walking, I feel this constant pain in the ribs when I am breathing. I never had problems with my ribs, with breathing and I considered myself as a pretty much healthy man. But, now, I am not sure anymore. I really don't want to admit that this is because I am sick or something, but this pain goes on and on day after day and I am not sure what this means and what I should do...Help me. TNX! 

Hello, well I have this pain in my rib area on and off for nearly three years and I think that I am somehow used to live with it.  After rheumy saying it was indigestion and my doctor told me that I should go to do some analyses etc and I got my diagnose - I was diagnosed costochondritis, that is also known as chest wall pain, costosternal syndrome. Then I've had x-rays, a bunch of them because I was too scared and then, they told me that it is nothing obvious has shown up, but still, this pain under rib when breathing. So, I understand you totally. Did you went to consult your doctor. 

Good day.

Do you control your disease? I am sorry because I need to ask this, but it is very important for anyone who is diagnosed with lupus to control it very often.  Joints generally can be affected when you are diagnosed with lupus, but I am not sure does this includes rib pain - it is possible. Rib cage can be really painful because of this. But it is something that you really should consult your doctor about, it is not OK that you are in pain like every second of your day - when you are moving or resting...Do some new tests. 

Celebrity

Hello. I remember that my good friend had this problem as well, so she went to see her doctor until he found the best therapy for her in order to stop or prevent pain. So, he gave a  hydroxychloroquine to her, to use it and now it is 4 years since she is using it. Sure, she has a chest pain occasionally, but she told me that she is feeling way better than before. You really need to do so many tests until your doctor finds a proper medication for you, you are not the only one. This is how lupus acts and behave. 

Hello guys. So, I was recently diagnosed with lupus. I have heard that this is not so harmless condition and that I have to change my life completely during the recovery process and that I need to change my life generally when I have this issue. I am at the beginning of this issue, but I can tell you that I already feel some pain while I am breathing. It happens under my ribs as well. I was prepared to this, but I was not prepared for a fact that will have this pain when I am resting. Sometimes, it is really unbearable and I am not sure what to do about this, what can I expect in the future.

Celebrity

Hello there.

It is true that living with lupus can be a daily challenge and it is not easy to handle it. It is not easy to handle with any type of disease. I know that this pain is really bad, but you have o go through this. Also, very soon, you might start to feel that you are tired all the time.

My advice is to try to get enough sleep, try to eat fresh food and try to eat well. Go to the sun, don't neglect your daily activities because you are in this condition. The doctor will already prescribe painkillers for you. Don't give up! There is a solution for everything. 

Good day. My sister was diagnosed with systemic lupus a couple of years ago. We were really shocked when the doctor told us that there is no cure for systemic lupus. The only comfort that helped us be normal was that medications do help and that she won't be in the pain. So, a doctor prescribed a Prednisone for her and so far she is satisfied. But we are still scared because we are aware of the fact that a half of all lupus patients can die from the disease within four years, even if a doctor told us that this has changed and that today, a survival rate is well over 90 percent. We have a faith, so you have to have it as well.