my mum has lupus and it is getting worse with some foods (like coffee, pork, salt …) What is the best diet for lupus?
Thanks in advance!

The best diet for lupus it is proven to be high fiber, low fat (pork is very high in fat) and low in additives and toxins (for example coffee, salt, sugar). No salt or at least very little salt. No sugar!!! Eat more vegetables and fruit and less meat. And that is the diet for lupus.

I recently was diagnosed with lupus and sjogren's disease i also went in search of a good diet. I found that everyone reacts to food very differently and therefore to find my diet i had to keep a food journal and then figure out what foods were my triggers. Common triggers are processed foods, red meats, sprouts, and salts/sugars. Good foods to eat are seafoods, vegetables and fruits. No Soy though because it is commonly known to trigger outbreaks. Gopod Luck!!!

I was diagnosed with Lupus at the age of 7. I am now 30. I have found that following a low carb diet helps with my aches and pains. I also do between 45 and 90 minutes a day on an ellipitical machine. I don't have as many joint pains. I can tell when I eat a diet high in carbs my wrists and hands will hurt along with my ankles cracking when I walk. Everyone will react to different diets and foods differently. It all depends on your particular case. As for me I have SLE, ITP and I'm anemic. I had my spleen removed when I was around 10 years old. Try different foods and diet combinations until you find one that works for you. Lupus is not the end of the world. I had to learn to live with it at a very early age and 23 years later, I'm still here and living my life. I don't allow Lupus to stop me from doing anything. I work a full time job and have a wonderful husband at home. Lupus is just a little adjustment.

I'm 19yrs old and its been about a month and a half since i was diagnosed with lupus. I was looking around blogs and came across yours and i just wanted to say thankyou. After reading so many blogs explaining and making me remember some of my symtoms of lupus i was starting to become depressed. "Lupus is just a little adjustment." I loved that. I'm trying to be as strong to bare with this disease. You were diagnosed pretty early, can you possibly share your symptoms- well that you can remember. I'm tyring to figure out since when i could have been showing signs of lupus. Once again thank you for your words

I too was diagnosed at age 19. I'm now 36. My symptoms were exhaustion, joint swelling and rashes when exposed to the sun (even when wearing long sleeves!). I agree that Lupus is just a little adjustment. Eating right, exercising and getting LOTS of rest are what has helped me to continue with a "normal" life. I wish you a very healthy future. God Bless.

I am age 45 and was diagnosed with Lupus, RA, Sjogrens, Raynauds's, and prediabetic at age 41. I am also anemic. The term my doctor used is anemia of chronic disease, which means the anemia is from a chronic disease (Lupus). I take each day as they come. Some are good and some are bad but yes Lupus and its associated disease are an adjustment to living. When I have flare-ups and feel bad, I tell myself things could be worst. I will not let these adjustments run my life. The best medicine for Lupus for me is plenty of rest and water. I stopped taking the med's for Lupus about 2 years ago because they made me feel worst. Plaquenil made me feel more tired and extremely weak; where I could barely lift my arms up or even drive my vehicle and my vision was getting worst by the months. I developed extremely bad acne and of course gained about 13 lbs, using Prednisone. But my most concern was the, Prednisone. I found that Prednisone is not good for the kidneys when taken for a proloned use; say about (5 years) or in high doses. BE CAREFUL!! Too make a long story short Lupus differs from each person. You have to find what works for you and what you can tolerate. I plan on living a long time with or without adjustments...