The majority of us with sickle cell anemia, but not all, has the same living style and the same crisis. I was thinking in all of you and I realize that I really don't know exactly how you fell and how you live, what are your goals in life. I don't try to ask you nothing but it maybe will be the best support that the young one may have to look how people with sickle cell anemia live.

I've been on the forum for a while but haven't posted much. I'm from Missouri and I was diagnosed with sickle cell anemia when I was 18 months old, I'm now 26 years old. I have a B.S. in Psychology, so I work as a Social Worker. My major career goal is to counsel kids with chronic and terminal illnesses like SCD, cancer, and HIV/AIDS. The only fear that I have in life is the possibility that one day my children may experience the pain, and troubles that I have to go through.

what is sickle cell anemia?

my husband has sickle cell anemia and was wondering if i could get some more info on it we are an interacial couple who have a daughter with the trait