I think I may have iron deficiency anemia my mom had it when she was younger and I have really bad nose bleeds in the middle of the night I have also fainted and I don't want to go to the doctor. Just wondering how dangerous could it be?

I am not aware of anemia causing nosebleeds. Nosebleeds can, however, contribute to anemia. There are six forms: iron deficiency, sickle cell, vitamin deficiency, thalassemia, anemia due to chronic disease and aplastic anemia. Each requires different treatments.

Iron deficiency Anemia symptoms may include:

- Fatigue

- Pale skin

- A fast or irregular heartbeat

- Shortness of breath

- Chest pain

- Dizziness

- Cognitive problems

- Cold hands and feet

- Headache

Mild iron deficiency anemia usually doesn't cause complications. However, left untreated, iron deficiency anemia can become severe and lead to health problems, including the following:

Heart problems. Iron deficiency anemia may lead to a rapid or irregular heartbeat. Your heart must pump more blood to compensate for the lack of oxygen carried in your blood when you're anemic. This can lead to an enlarged heart or heart failure.

Problems during pregnancy. In pregnant women, severe iron deficiency anemia has been linked to premature births and low birth weight babies. But the condition is easily preventable in pregnant women who receive iron supplements as part of their prenatal care.

Growth problems. In infants and children, severe iron deficiency can lead to anemia as well as delayed growth and development. Additionally, iron deficiency anemia is associated with an increased susceptibility to infections.

Chronic IDA can compromise your heart. Not enough blood supply in the body can strain the heart by pumping more blood. Nose bleed or epistaxis are due to rupture of veins in your nose. Please have a detailed check up with your doctor to see what causes your problems.