Hello, im 15 years old and after I take a shower, I have extremley painful, practically crippling lower flank pain. If teels like someone is squeezing my kidneys, or whatever it is that is hurting. It usually happens when ive had nothing to drink in the morning then take a really hot shower steamy shower. It is one of the worst things ive ever felt in my life. It starts off mildly painfull then progresses into a seering, pulsing pain then slowley dies down. When that is happening i get dizzy, cant sit upright, and it hurts to exhale. I eat healthy foods and weigh 128 pounds, and swim daily. If someone has a similar problem or answers, please tell me before I go see a doctor.

Thanks.

Hi Brock,

Do you have any fever, nausea, or any other symptoms? Does this just happen in the shower?

Flank pain is often a sign of a kidney problem. Since you say it is worse when you haven't had anything to drink in the morning tends to reinforce this.

Post back with more information and we'll try to narrow this down for you.

Do you have sickle cell disease? This could be a sickle cell crisis.

Hello there,

As you can see from the two rather different responses you have gotten so far, describing your symptoms on the internet will lead you to receive a multitude of different suggestions, some of which may hit the mark and some of which are bound to be totally off.

The only things you know for sure is that you are experiencing terrible flank pain, that this is not normal, and that you need to see a doctor. You do know that last part, right? To get treatment for back or kidney pain, or whatever is wrong with you, you absolutely require a diagnosis and that means seeing a doctor.