Hello, everyone. My father in law is in a hospital since his kidneys are not functioning properly. His kidney doctor recommends dialysis, but as far as I've understood it is a procedure that lasts entire life. I would like to know if dialysis is really necessary. I would appreciate if someone could answer me that.

Hello to you too. Kidneys have very important role in organism. They filter blood and excrete all the toxins that are produces by organism. When they fail in this role, one must go to dialysis. Dialyzer takes the kidneys' role in filtering the blood. Without it, one would certainly die. Even diseases, that are not connected with kidneys primarily like diabetes or hypertension, can affect kidneys. Chronic kidney failure can be caused by these diseases. I hope your father in law will fill better. I wish him all the best!