Hello, my friends. My friend was diagnosed acute kidney failure. I think it is something serious, but I don't know much details. I would like to know whether this is a temporary condition. Will my friend recover from this? I would really like to know that. Thanks for all your help.

Hello, there. Acute kidney failure is a temporary condition. If the cause of this syndrome is removed, then a patient can be healed. In treatment process dialysis can be used while kidneys recover its function. However, in some cases, it can leave a permanent damage on kidneys. In that case, a person must go to dialysis for the rest of his/her life. It would be best to talk to your friend's doctor. Your friend should listen to doctor's order. I hope everything will be all right. Keep informing me about the progress of your friend's conditions. Bye!

My kidneys healed after an injury where a suitcase fell on my stomach....It's as if nothing ever happened to them...It took 2 months to slowly heal...

Yeah, Acute kidney failure is temporary. Rarely, the kidney damage is so great that dialysis may be permanently needed. 

The goal of therapy is to help your renal system work again and avoid fluid and spend from building up in the whole body while they cure. Usually, you have to stay over night in the medical center for therapy.The quantity of fluid you eat (such as soup) or consume will be restricted to the quantity of pee you can generate. You will be informed what you may and may not eat to reduce the accumulation of poisons that the renal system would normally remove. Your diet may need to be great in carbohydrate food and low in proteins, sodium, and blood potassium.You may need medications to cure or avoid disease. Diuretics ("water pills") may be used to help remove fluid from your whole body.Medicines will be given through a line of thinking to help control your blood blood potassium level.Dialysis may be needed for some sufferers, and can cause you to feel better. It can save your life if your blood potassium levels are alarmingly great.

Dialysis will also be used if:

Your mental status changes, if you stop urinating

You develop pericarditis.

You maintain too much fluid.

You cannot remove nitrogen spend materials from your whole body.