Hello, guys. My boyfriend was hospitalized yesterday. It seems that he was diagnosed acute kidney failure. I am very afraid for him. Can this syndrome be reversed? I hope it can. I wouldn't like seeing him attached to dialysis machines for the rest of his life. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Hello. Don't worry so much. Mostly, acute kidney failure is a reversible condition unlike chronic kidney failure. With a proper treatment, you can expect a recovery. Dialysis only helps kidneys while they don't start working again. However, there is a possibility of permanent damage on kidneys. But, since your boyfriend is in a hospital, I think he will get a proper treatment. Talk to his doctor. See what prognosis he gives to your boyfriend. If you want to know anything more, don't hesitate to ask me. I will help if I can. Bye!

hi colby1379,

i suffer from acute kidney disease! i was hospitalized and now i am now dialysis thrice a week... Docs are saying there are just two ways either get dialysis for life time or get a transplant done! is there any way tht i can get cured!! plz do reply i don't want either of option!!