Hi all,
I have hyperthyroidism, and I can tell you that a fast working thyroid can make you feel pretty bad. I just went to the doctor and got given carbimazole, after blood tests revealed what condition I was actually suffering from. I was reading about the side effects of carbimazole in the package insert, and didn't like the sound of it at all! I am in two minds about whether to take carbimazole at all now. I would love to hear from hyperthyroid patients using carbimazole. What were the side effects that bothered you when you started carbimazole, and did they go away with time?
Thanks!

my good friend has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism six months ago, and has been prescribed carbimazole. How bad exactly are your symptoms now? I know that different people react differently to medications - and they all can be toxic, but thankfully, in the bad situation and all the fear, effectiveness her treatment was the one of the good things. She took her first dose three times a day, and she was nauseous most of the time, so she went to see her specialist because she was getting more and more exhausted and her dose was reduced, I think in half. In about a month or so it was obvious she was getting better. Vomiting didn’t stop immediately, it obviously takes time for the body to adjust to the medicine, but all in all, the side effects are far less difficult than the original symptoms were.