I need someone to help me with eating disorders symptoms-for I think my teenage daughter might be having some eating disorder. She has lost a lot of weight lately and has become so isolated and I would say she constantly thinks of how not being fat and is obsessed with calories and all this started to frighten me. I would appreciate any help info with eating disorders symptoms.

Eating disorders are very common in teenagers for they are very much concerned about not being fat so at some point they could develop eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia. So if you notice your daughter has symptoms such as weight loss and being constantly on diet even when there is no need for it eating disorders symptom could also be period loss, insomnia as well as brittle nails and hair, she could be even depressed and also if you notice she exercise compulsively and all this ais accompanied with food and calories preoccupation. All those are eating disorders symptoms or more precisely those are anorexia nervosa symptoms. But there is also another eating disorder called bulimia whose symptoms are binge eating and purging afterwards which is usually followed with frequent toilet use after every meal-that is because they actually vomiting by putting the fingers in the mouth –that is how patients with bulimia induce vomiting and this condition is usually visible on swollen cheeks or glands as the result of frequent induced vomiting and also one of the eating disorder symptom could also be frequent use of laxatives. So if you think your teenage daughter might be having these eating disorder symptoms try to find the right approach to make her see a doc for that's the best way those eating disorders symptoms to be controlled.