Hi. I'm a mother of 17 year old daughter and I become very worried about her lately. She adores modeling and she is really good in that.
She won a couple of competitions but I think that success came to collect a price.
Lately I have noticed that she is looking extremely skinny and weak.
I made her to eat a lot but it looks like all calories are just passing through her.
I suspect of bulimia because I have notices that after every meal she goes to the bathroom.
I didn’t mention this to her because I'm not still sure in truth of these suspicions. If someone knows more about this disease-please help me!

Hi, the fact that your daughter loose some weight doesn’t necessary has to point you on bulimia.
In fact- people with bulimia can look perfectly normal.
Most of them are of normal weight, and some may be overweight. Women with bulimia tend to be high achievers.
Bulimia is one serious disease where people are vomiting all the food they have eaten earlier.
You told that you want to know more about bulimia symptoms, well, here they are: eating uncontrollably, purging, strict dieting, fasting, vigorous exercise, vomiting or abusing laxatives or diuretics in an attempt to lose weight and even vomiting blood.
You don’t have to worry a lot because, bulimia is curable.

look at her eyes and under them look form blown blood vessels in her eyes.

this happens when u dry heave might be a sign.

I think it's possible that she does have a problem. If she's losing lots of weight though she's slightly more likely to be anorexic. In my own experience I found ways to make it convincingly look like I was eating when I wasn't (check places like her pockets look in her lap while she's eating). You really should just talk to her. Don't say anything straight out just act supportive. If you want just stand outside the bathroom door when she goes. You'll know.

As a recovering bulimic, I would say these could be signs your daughter has bulimia. Some other key factors would be to time how long your daughter goes to the bathroom after every meal and if she is visiting the bathroom after every meal. Second of all, she may have popped blood vessels around her eyes, but I would say there is a greater chance that her lymph nodes or cheeks are looking swollen. Typically, you will not get blood vessels popping unless you have been bulimic for a longer period of time.
Yes, most people with bulimia look normal, but you as your daughter's mother know her better than most people. Is your daughter's behavior changing in anyway? If so, I think that is a definate sign that something is going on. Also, you can have a mix of bulimia and anorexia- which would explain why she is losing weight somewhat rapidly.
First and foremost, if your daughter is having a problem- get her to counseling that specifically addresses eating disorders immediately!! Eating disorders are treatable but the longer you wait to address them, the harder it is to overcome them. You are right when you say your daughter's success in modeling has paid a price; I used to be the same way. It's also not an overnight fix; eating disorders will have an effect on your entire life. Trust me- I'm still recovering 8 years later.
I hope this helps and I pray that your daughter hasn't been sucked into the lie too deep.

For all my live I remember my mother possibly once a week binging on chocolates mostly but could be from anything & then getting sick, claiming that the amount she ate made her get sick, but now that I recognize it as not normal I am assuming she has bulimia & is making her self vomit. She doesn't eat much most of the time, small lunches(if any) and small dinners. I have known her to even hid chocolates for herself & to ask me to hide them so she can't find them. I think my dad doesn't see the problem & if I said it to her she would probably get angry & dismiss me as being silly. Also the fact that she is now 60 & has done this all her life would probably in her head establish that it's not doing any harm. Any suggestions?

My guess is that yes, your mom is bulimic, but has it controlled to a level that she thinks will not be noticed. Many bulimics purge every day....while others are able to do it only infrequently. Talking to her about it will likely result in her lying...but you could talk to your dad or other relative about your concerns. Don't be surprised if she is incredibly defensive and denies it. This disease is brutal...and while letting others know can sometimes be a relief...the real work comes when you STOP the behavior altogether and learn to deal with emotions and stress without resorting to bulimia. Just know it's not you...and there is nothing you can do to stop her...I'm sure she loves you more than anything.....it's her issue to deal with.. Confronting her may give her courage to deal and fight for her life....or it may make her go deeper into hiding...such as not doing it around you.