I am a 30 year old male, and I started having trouble peeing a few months ago. I am a bit afraid to go to the doctor and I thought I might try a herbal remedy against enlarged and inflamed prostates before I do anything else. After all, it is a very private matter. I have been browsing the internet in search of something that can help me and I came across pygeum. It sounds very interesting and I hope it might really help me. I think I will give it a go, but before I started using this pygeum, I would love to know if there are any side effects?

Hello! Pygeum should be always taken under a doctor's close supervision, as it is not approved by the FDA and can counter the effectiveness of other treatments. Make sure to tell your doctor if you have any preexisting medical conditions (especially prostate cancer, diabetes, liver disease, heart disease or high blood pressure). Also inform your doctor of any prescription medications, supplements, vitamins or over-the-counter remedies that you are taking. I found that Side effects associated with Pygeum mostly occur in the gastrointestinal area. These include upset stomach, nausea and irritability of the bowels (constipation and/or diarrhea). Symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, tightness in the chest and the onset of skin irritations (rashes, hives, swelling) may be signs of a serious adverse reaction. If any of these effects persist or worsen, you should contact your doctor promptly.