I'm 18 years old and ive recently been circumsized..until recently i thought the reason my skin was retracting fully was because i was uncircumsized and my foreskin prevented me from doing so.It has been 3 months since my circumsizion and when im erect the skin on my penis still does not retract as easily as it should do and the skin around it is generally quite tight. When my penis is flacid there is no problem as it retracts with ease. Does anyone know what the problem is and what i should do to get it fixed? I spoke to a general surgeon who told me he could loosen the skin so that it retracts easier however that involves him cutting into my penis (plastic surgery) and iw ould like to get another opinion on the subject. sincerely oarxigos ;p

I don't understand why you would have anything to retract ---- if you've been circumcised. Circumcision means removing the foreskin, so there shouldn't be anything covering your glans at all. If they did a "loose" circumcision you might have a little skin bunching up behind the glans but if there is still foreskin covering your glans that needs to be retracted, I think the doctor who did it botched the job and you should talk to him/her.

If your frenulum was going to be a problem they should have cut it at the time. They should have determined what was keeping your foreskin from retracting before doing the circumcision. Did you discuss it with the doctor before doing it?

no i did not i just had my foreskin removed..however,when erect,the skin covering the tip of my penis will not retract fully

I don't understand what it is. If you were circumcised there should not be any skin covering the tip of your penis. It shouldn't come anywhere close to reaching the tip even if they did a "loose" circumcision.

If you are circumcised, then you don't have a foreskin. If you have a foreskin, then you are not circumcised.

Adult circumcision is an elective surgical operation to injure the penis and reduce its size and sensation by cutting off the nerve-laden sexually sensitive foreskin. Adult circumcision is usually performed with a general anesthetic however local anesthetic may be used. Like all surgical operations, it has risks of hemorrhage, infection, and surgical mishap. Loss of the penis has been known to occur. Death has been known to occur.

The cost is about $2,500. Circumcision may be carried out under local or general anaesthesia.

The foreskin is a complex double-layered structure composed of smooth muscle fiber, skin, mucosa, nerves, arteries, and veins. It is natural, normal, healthy, and its possession contributes to a sense of well-being. The foreskin has protective, sensory, sexual, and immunological functions. It is loaded with nerves and is the site of most of the penile sensation. The foreskin is a “specific erogenous zone.” The foreskin is essential for normal intercourse. Foreskin provides the additional skin needed to allow for penile expansion during erection. Amputation of the foreskin, which is an integral and important part of the penis has very significant adverse sexual and emotional effects.
Nature put the foreskin there to provide at least fourteen functions:

1. to cover and bond with the synechia so as to permit the development of the mucosal surface of the glans and inner foreskin.
2. to protect the infant's glans from feces and ammonia in diapers.
3. To protect against disease causing pathogens.
4. to protect the glans penis from friction and abrasion throughout life.
5. to keep the glans moisturized and soft with emollient oils.
6. to lubricate the glans.
7. to coat the glans with a waxy protective substance.
8. to provide sufficient skin to cover an erection by unfolding.
9. to provide an aid to masturbation and foreplay.
10. to serve as an aid to penetration.
11. to reduce friction and chafing during intercourse.
12. to serve as erogenous tissue because of its rich supply of erogenous receptors.
13. to contact and stimulate the G-spot of the female partner.
14. to produce pheromones to excite the female sexual partner.

It is normal to keep the foreskin forward over the head for protection.
Circumcision is an injurious, damaging, destructive, and harmful surgical operation that cuts through nerves and blood vessels that feed blood to the penis. The operation is irreversible. You will have the rest of your life to mourn your loss of your erogenous foreskin.
The foreskin is filled with nerves that make it the most sensitive part of the human body, therefore, cutting into it is very painful.
It takes about six weeks to recover from an adult circumcision. One should avoid getting erections. Oral ketoconazole may help to prevent postoperative erections.

One will never fully regain the lost protection, sexual function, sensation, and sexual pleasure, even if one restores the foreskin.

If you should become interested in restoring your foreskin, a search on the Internet for “foreskin restoration."