I am 17 y.o. I am able to pull my foreskin all the way back when not erect. But when I get hard, my foreskin does not automatically stay behind my penis head. I have to pull it back and hold it. My foreskin goes back to cover my glans if I don't hold it. My frenulum (?!?!? not sure if that's what it's called, bull the little thing connecting the head to skin??), hurts and is very very tight. So help?????? 

Hi TommyTommy:

You are blessed with a full-length foreskin. Many guys would envy your foreskin even though it does not automatically retract. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision.

The foreskin is an asset and highly beneficial. A full-length foreskin is more of an asset and more beneficial than a short foreskin. Moreover, the ancient Greeks considered a long, tapering foreskin to be a sign of male beauty. The long tip is called the akroposthion.

There is a lot of mis-information about foreskin retraction. Do not depend on what you see in p*rn videos. The extent to which the head of the erect penis is visible depends on the length of the foreskin.

Long full-length foreskins will not auto-retract on erection. Only inadequate short foreskins will auto-retract. For your skin to go back, the foreskin has to be wide enough to retract over the head.

If your foreskin is wide enough, it will retract if it is shorter than the erect penis. If it is longer, then it will never retract by itself but may be pushed back, however, it may not stay back. Many full-length foreskins glide forward again when released.

When a full-length foreskin is manually retracted, it gathers in folds at the base of the penis. The folds want to unfold and push the foreskin forward back to its normal position. A full-length foreskin is likely to slide/roll forward to recover and protect the glans penis when it is released. Some men simply cannot keep the foreskin retracted. This is not considered to be a problem.

The full-length foreskin provides superior protection to the head of the penis and keeps it soft, smooth, and sensitive.

The full-length foreskin may improve the sexual experience because of its superior gliding action. The full-length foreskin also may have more pleasure nerves.

In addition you your full length foreskin, you apparently have frenulum breve.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans that connects the foreskin to the head is called the frenulum. Almost every male is born with a frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has a high level of sensation because of its high innervation and serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The stretching of the frenulum during sexual intercourse helps to trigger ejaculation. Pulling the foreskin back with too much force can tear the frenulum. The frenulum carries important blood vessels so tearing it usually causes bleeding.

If you have torn your frenulum, try pulling your foreskin forward into its normal position covering the head and leaving it alone for two weeks while it heals.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can have sex as you are. Just use lots of lubrication and penetrate slowly, gently, and carefully.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. The stretching is slow because it only goes as fast as tissue expansion That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.

How to remove penis frenulum