I am 18 years old male and I am not circumcised yet. My parents didn’t find it necessary to make circumcision of my penis when I was a little boy. Now when I create my opinion about this, I think I need to do this. I think it is more clear and better for me and for my sexual partner. That is just the way I look on that, so I would like to know how the procedure of circumcision goes.

It’s normal that each of us have right for opinion, no matter if it is right or wrong. By this I don’t want to say your side is wrong, just there are a lot different discussions if circumcision is right or wrong. One side says it is obviously how circumcised guys wash their penises easier. Other, says it is the same if guy wash his genitals regularity, and that is the only thing important to hygiene. Their theory is if nature placed foreskin there, it must be it worth for some rule. Anyway, it is only your choice so I will explain how operations should be done. Hardwood stick is inserted between the foreskin and the upper or dorsal side of the glans penis. Then longitudinal incision is made in the foreskin by cutting onto this with a knife. Foreskin will not be removed but remains attached to the corona. As the wound heels, foreskin will hang down exposing the glans. There are several variations of incision that depends on surgeon.

so did you ever get circumcised?

Adult circumcision is an elective surgical operation to injure the penis and reduce its size and sensation by cutting off the nerve-laden sexually sensitive foreskin. Adult circumcision is usually performed with a general anesthetic however local anesthetic may be used. Like all surgical operations, it has risks of hemorrhage, infection, and surgical mishap. Loss of the penis has been known to occur. Death has been known to occur.

The cost is about $2,500. Circumcision may be carried out under local or general anaesthesia.

The foreskin is a complex double-layered structure composed of smooth muscle fiber, skin, mucosa, nerves, arteries, and veins. It is natural, normal, healthy, and its possession contributes to a sense of well-being. The foreskin has protective, sensory, sexual, and immunological functions. It is loaded with nerves and is the site of most of the penile sensation. The foreskin is a “specific erogenous zone.” The foreskin is essential for normal intercourse. Foreskin provides the additional skin needed to allow for penile expansion during erection. Amputation of the foreskin, which is an integral and important part of the penis has very significant adverse sexual and emotional effects.
Nature put the foreskin there to provide at least fourteen functions:

1. to cover and bond with the synechia so as to permit the development of the mucosal surface of the glans and inner foreskin.
2. to protect the infant's glans from feces and ammonia in diapers.
3. To protect against disease causing pathogens.
4. to protect the glans penis from friction and abrasion throughout life.
5. to keep the glans moisturized and soft with emollient oils.
6. to lubricate the glans.
7. to coat the glans with a waxy protective substance.
8. to provide sufficient skin to cover an erection by unfolding.
9. to provide an aid to masturbation and foreplay.
10. to serve as an aid to penetration.
11. to reduce friction and chafing during intercourse.
12. to serve as erogenous tissue because of its rich supply of erogenous receptors.
13. to contact and stimulate the G-spot of the female partner.
14. to produce pheromones to excite the female sexual partner.

It is normal to keep the foreskin forward over the head for protection.
Circumcision is an injurious, damaging, destructive, and harmful surgical operation that cuts through nerves and blood vessels that feed blood to the penis. The operation is irreversible. You will have the rest of your life to mourn your loss of your erogenous foreskin.
The foreskin is filled with nerves that make it the most sensitive part of the human body, therefore, cutting into it is very painful.
It takes about six weeks to recover from an adult circumcision. One should avoid getting erections. Oral ketoconazole may help to prevent postoperative erections.

One will never fully regain the lost protection, sexual function, sensation, and sexual pleasure, even if one restores the foreskin.

If you should become interested in restoring your foreskin, a search on the Internet for “foreskin restoration".