Hi, my forskin retracts fine when i have an erection, but afterwards, it remains retracted. This is causing some difficulty, as it is painful when the exposed head rubs against my clothes. Should my foreskin be like this? Will it stop hurting eventually? Is there something i can do to make my foreskin cover the head when not erect? Some help?

It could be to your advantage that your foreskin does not return forward ofits own. Many men wear it back intentionaly. Some of the Japanese ecpect this to be the case and will even wrap around with string to train the foreskin to remain back. It is considered a sign of adulthood to have the head exposed. It looks sexier, is easier to keep clean.

AS the glans gets more time exposed to air the oversensitivity moderates. This has no badd effects on the sensuousness and good feeling, and does not deteriorate sensitivity which develops as you go from paying nom attenetion to having sex and then becoming aroused.

You will also find that after the oversensitivity is gone you will enjoy the sensations you get from any rubbing from motion in your pants.

Good answer from Hal, and pretty accurate. I have been through the same thing, and have other relatives, friends and acquaintances that all have too. It's uncomfortable at first, but you'll get used to it and then prefer it for its many other side benefits.

Charles and Hal are correct. My foreskin was always short and when my penis started to grow with the onset of puberty my foreskin was left behind and stayed permanently retracted for about 16 years until I decided for aesthetic reasons to have a circumcision. I think the retracted look is very sexy and would encourage everyone to give it a try. Being circumcised is even better though :-D

If your foreskin retracts then, when your erection subsides, it should go forward again. If it does not, then you should be able to grab your foreskin and physically tug it forward into its normal position covering the head.

If it is too short to stay over the head, then you can tug on it to stretch it and help it to grow longer by what is called "tissue expansion".

Eventually you should be able to get it to stay forward. The foreskin cannot perform its intended function of protecting the head unless it is forward.

I don't like the head of my penis to touch my clothes either.

Actually if the foreskin remains back after you have an erection ending with orgasm cleanup will be much easier.

I had encouraged the foreskin to remain always retracted and after 30 years of permanent retraction I got a loose circumcision. One of the reasons for the circ was to discourage having my  wife from pulling the foreskin over the glans because this seems so unsexy to me to cover the glans.

Now when I reach down there or even just look down there I see that wonderfully crafted penis crowned with its wondrous glans.

With so much tendency for current epedimic of circ bashing I still believe the glans is meant to be exposed for its sexual useage years.

There are sensitivity tradeoffs galore that provide better response from removing the excess and insulating ring of foreskin and providing better direct stimulus for sex!  Onee big factor in getting plenty of good sensuous sensations is that the collar of foreskin that remains after circumciaion is always everted, exposed to be stimulated and the coronal edge is not insulated  from direct stroking.

Even as I approach my 90th birthday there is no lack of good sensitivity in the glans plus that direct stimulus to the strip of everted foreskin always accepting stimulus.

BTW, with all the fuss about intactness- I attempted a 100 day "restoration trial" and decided against having foreskin over the glans.  Seeing some middle aged european men in a spa would probably clinch the decision.

As to my great grandsons- I think it is 3 circed, one intact. In the upper midwest I would expect there is still circumcion happening! Good!

Hal