In March, I noticed the costal cartilage leading from my breast bone on my 2nd rib on the left side was sticking out. It didn't hurt so I decided to 'wait and see'. Three weeks ago, I noticed more swelling on the breastbone itself and I developed pain (worse with twisting or extending/flexing the chest and arms). In conjunction, I'd been having low grade fevers, extreme fatigue, and flushing along with some chronic lower back, right knee and GI pain (diagnosed with hiatal hernia, gastritis), and newly developed allergies (food and environmental). The doctor concurred the area was inflamed (possibly Tietze's syndrome) and was concerned an autoimmune or inflammatory disease may be at the root of it. Of note, my father has rheumatoid arthritis (as did his father), gout, osteoarthritis and hypothyroidism. 

I had blood tests done. ANA, Lyme, Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis, blood glucose, liver function and cbc (incl wbc, hgb, hct, platelets) all came back normal, much to my surprise. He told me to call him back if my pain got worse. It's been a little over a week. The pain/inflammation in the second rib has remained stable - it's not that bad, but it just causes me anxiety because I don't know what's causing it. The flushing & low grade fevers improved a day or two after I started taking zyrtec per my doctor's recommendation. However, yesterday, I noticed that my right collar bone seemed to be sticking out, particularly at the junction of the clavicle and sternum. This is not normal! Coincidence or not, I'm also having worsening 'allergy-like' symptoms, including a sensation that my ears are clogged/burning and some throat/neck irritation. 

I'm calling my doctor in the morning to follow-up, but does anyone have any idea what could be causing this inflammation in my thoracic region?