For the past few years I've noticed that it hardly ever fails to make me dizzy from just standing up, I explained this to a pharmacist at a CVS store after taking my blood pressure at one of the machines and giving him my reading. He suggested more sodium in my diet, but I'm sure I get enough of that from McDonald's fries. I'm 24, weigh approximately 145-150 lbs, and stand at 5'10. Should I go with this pharmacists suggestion and up my sodium even more (double up on the fries) or could this be something far worse?

Hi Symbol,

Please see your doctor and have them check your blood pressure, not the machine.

If the cuff is not in the right place or the right size, the reading will be off.

Anything below 60 is considered low.  If you have slightly low blood pressure it is not unusual to feel slightly dizzy changing position fast.  It's called postural hypotension, it's common.

Athletes and others can have lower than normal blood pressure.  There are also diseases that can cause this.

At any rate, it's worth your time to have your doctor examine you and not the blood pressure machine or the pharmacist.

HateSymbol wrote:

Hello, both my daughter and myslef suffer from Low Blood Pressure and we found that drinking plenty of water helps. The hot water doesn't help me at all as it is worse then, my daughter has almost passed out with hers on occassions. I would go and see your doctor and get it sorted out like we did. I would still follow a good healthy diet, no need for alot of salt foods ect. Now and again McDonalds is nice but not too much.