Ok im 16 and active with no illnesses, when i sit for awhile and stand up and stretch i usually cant help but to yawn, then i sortof zone out and get kinda dizzy and experience some this odd, remote feeling ... certain unimportant things will stand out while other more important things just leave.... this has resulted in me passing out 2 times in a year... should i see a doctor?

i also forgot to mention that i feel like my heart kinda flutters or somethin when i do

Hello my daughter read your post and she just had an EEG done today we're still waiting for the results. She is 11 years old and pretty much explains what happens exactly the way you did. This is what she says-

Okay, sometimes when I stretch, well, most of the time, I get a little light-headed, and a tingly feeling, sometimes I feel like I'm shaking, but I know I'm not because sometimes I'm around someone when I do it, and they don't make a comment on shaking. I've passed out about three times in the last week in a half. I feel as if I zone out for awhile, and I kinda of hear funny. Yes, my heart does feel a little fluttery when I do. I saw a doctor, and at first she said it was because a put my head back and it was cutting off the circulation to my brain, and I tried stretching without putting my head back when I stretch, and I still did it. Well, then I had to get an EEG, wich isn't scary at all.

First, they stuck these wires to my head, wich, it has no pain involved, just a cold gooey feeling, it was paste they used.
Then, they put a strobe light in my face, and made me close my eyes. It wasn't bad, all I could see was colors. Again, no pain involved.
Then they made me blow on a paper for 3 minutes, it just made my mouth dry, a little.
Then, I had to sleep, no pain invovled.
Then when she took them off, it didn't hurt, it just felt like little suctoin cups popping off, and it was over. All I had to do was wash my hair afterwards to get the paste out, but it came out easily.
Thanks, I hope you find this helpful, even though we don't have the results yet, which should come later tonight or tomorrow.

Well, this is a bit late and there is very little info to go on, but, that sounds like a classic case of simply not eating enough. You are feeling the side affects of light-headedness. Certainly there could be more going on, but, given your age I'd first check your diet. If you are not eating a well balanced diet, yes including fats too, you should try correcting that first. It's not unusual for people with high-carb diets (i.e., low fat) to experience "cycling" from blood sugar changes like you describe.

The same thing happens to me. This usually happens after I've been awake for a bit. I stretch and then realize I'm losing my motor skills. Tonight, I found myself on the floor make silly noises and grabbing at my hair. No one was around, but I was lucid enough to get myself on the ground without falling. The rest I could not control. Usually, I'm just very lightheaded and like you, I have that remote feeling. I've always attributed it to blood rushing to my head too quickly and lack of oxygen. It's kind of an interesting feeling. I am definitely eating enough. Just curious as to what it could be.

This has just happened to me 3 times at work while i've been sat at my desk.

I yawn, have a stretch, and while i'm stretching i almost totally black out, and get all wobbly and stuff for a bit. I think mines because i tilt my head back, probably cutting off circulation to the brain. Its really weird, coz you do hear funny, it's like all tinny and metal like it's coming out of bad speakers.

I've barely slept in the past few days, so i'm pretty sure it has something to do with that too.

I've had a very similar thing for years. Lately it's been pretty simple, when I stretch I get dizzy and then my head will hurt. I associate it with blood pressure drop when i release my muscles and then the pain with the blood pressure coming back up (blood vessel dillation). I have fainted a couple times when doing this, even sitting at my desk.

This also happens when doing the classic standing from a sitting position or lying position and trying to walk. Most people have experienced something similar to this where they get dizzy and even black out a little bit. Everynow and then though I go into a full "faint" expect a weird faint sort of like what you have described. Two of these occasions are very clear to me. In one case I got up from bed and walked across the room for a kleenex the next thing I knew i was sitting on the floor next to my bar fridge (yes it was a dorm room) with my body shaking and my hand hitting the side of the fridge like spasms. It felt weird too. Not bad, just weird. Tingly maybe, until I came back to a normal state and got the headache i described above. The second time i got up from sitting at a table and was walking across the kitchen when I realized i was starting to get dizzy. I tried to grab onto something instead of just kneeling (mistake. always kneel, you'll lose your grip strength) and i ended up falling and then shaking on the ground for a bit with my hand knocking against the floor. Again weird, but sort of calm as well. My parents were there for that one and it freaked them out. I was totally fine afterwards aside from the headache.

I talked to a doctor and he thought that my blood volume might be low. My iron concentration was fine (which could be an excuse) and my nominal bloor pressure is fine, but my blood pressure dips more than normal when changing position. This suggests low blood volume. When i changed position and my blood pressure drops, there was less blood flow to my brain and therefore less oxygen. He suggested drinking more water AND having more salt. The salt (if i remember correctly) is to keep the water in your blood and thus bulking up the volume.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who experiences this. I've noticed that, starting from about a year ago, if I stand up and stretch my neck, back, shoulders, and legs really hard all at once (because my body often gets sore from sitting in the same position for hours) I will start blacking out a little.

The first time this happened to me it freaked me out a little. My body got numb and tingly. Everything got slightly darker. There was a loud ringing sensation. And it felt like my body was shaking or vibrating. I used to do a lot of drugs, and this felt almost exactly like being on nitrous or ether. I even felt a little euphoric from it. However, afterwards I would have a slight headache.

Because of its similarities to nitrous, I suspected a possible connection to oxygen deprivation. But I'd never heard of anyone else experiencing this from stretching. I guess I need to start exercising more.

At last! People who experience the same as me!

I have had this all of my life. Sometimes when I stretch I generally find I lose my balance. My body feels like it is shaking inside and I go into a kind of dream world. My hearing becomes echoy and my heart pumps hard. This only happens when my body feels really tired and I go to stretch. The episodes only last 30 seconds or so and then I feel fine.

I was wrongly diagnosed with Epilepsy when I was a teenager because of the shaky feeling and the 'dreamy' out of body experience. No one would really understand what i was telling them.

I mentioned it to a doctor in my early 20's and he said it may be a kink in the artery running through my neck which causes a lack of oxygen reaching the brain when I stretched. I was supposed to go for a neck x-ray but never turned up as I'd lost faith in people giving me a diagnosis.

Would be great to hear if any of you have a diagnosis. This condition doesn't bother me as it's controllable and I don't know life without it, but I'm curious as to what is happening!

Thanks

This has happened to me for my whole life! when I went to the doctor for an ultrasound she said the reason I kept getting dizzy is because I have a good blood supply in my pelvic area and that was why I kept getting dizzy. Dont know if this helps but just thought I would let ya know

This happens to me all the time too. Everything you all have said happens to me and it has just became a regular thing in my life now. Iv passed out two time, but i seem to go to the floor. Its hard to describe becasue i dont fall is some how make my way to the floor with out falling. Over the past few week when i start to feel it comming on i focus upon somthing e.g. the tv or this of something. This seem to help, like the darkness, dizzyness, blackingout and zoning out dosent occur but i still feel dizzy and have the strange pounding effect on my heart and head. I hope this help and i was wondering if anyone really know what make this happen and if there were any sites that could help or give more info on it.

This happens to me when i stretch my stomach muscles and chest muscles at the same time. I can pretty much make myself pass out anytime if I'm not careful. I passed out in yoga class last night and fell on the ground from standing position. Quit a scene. Only out for a few seconds. Does feel good right before i pass out. Trying to figure out what is causing it. Sounds like from these postings that it is possibly low blood volume or high blood volume in certain areas..., maybe. I'm going to talk to my doctor about it. I'll post what i learn.

OMG! I am so happy to find out that I am not the only person who has this. Sometimes just after waking up or even in the middle of the day when I yawn I feel like I am about to faint or even fall down without realizing it. Anyone have any suggestions of why? Ok, it could be the fact that I don't eat at the right time or sleep at the right time, but is that it? Seriously, (please can someone confirm if that's the reason or is there anything else that I am missing).

I've experienced this since grade school. Nothing bad has ever happened as a result and I don't think it ever will as long as I'm not standing next to anything that I can fall off of or ram in to. It usually happens when I've been sitting for a while and begin to get drousy or lethargic from sitting (or after lunch) so I decide to stand up and stretch but that is not always the case (where I've been sitting immediately prior to stretching).

When I stretch I usually do a full body stretch meaning I tighten all of my major muscles and arch my back with my hands extended out like I'm doing a swan dive or something... LOL... Then all of a sudden I begin to zone out... the room becomes silent, I feel a tingly sensation (like after a hand has been numb and is just receiving fresh blood) and then I begin to black out. Haven't really experience a headache afterwards that I can recall...

When I was a kid I would usually loose control of all of my major motor muscle (i.e. legs, arms, hands), pass out for probably just long enough to hit the floor (I wouldn't feel anything) and then I would just wake up like nothing had happened. Now I do it intentionally to wake up when I've been sitting for a while so that I'm no longer as lethargic... it does wonders for making me alert again :-D It's like resetting my body. I've also managed to control it so that I don't pass out on the floor or at least can use my KungFoo grip to hold myself up; something parallel to the ground that I can wrap my hand around so I don't hit the floor... HaHa.

Personally I think it is just a result of a sudden and significant change in blood circulation. Nothing to be extremely concerned about (unless you can't control when it happens).

Check out Limb shaking Syndrome (LSS), often symptomatic of carotid artery occlusion.