good day, I have extremely sore finger tips and the area underneath my fingernails tend to get very sory as well. Over the past year, my fingernails have changed from attractived to being ugly ( have a very fine pitted appearance). When they flare up like this, I also tend to have joint pains. I sound like a wreck, but have always been active and am a 54 year old mother of four.

Hi:
Could this be related to having your nails done. I know that there have been problems with some nail salons not using good hygiene practices and many customers have been experiencing problems as a result of that problem. If not, are you diabetic or have you been tested? Do you have circulatory system problems? These are questions that might be affecting your symptoms. See an internist and ask these questions. You might consult with a cardiologist as well. I hope these comments will be helpful. Let us know what you find out. Good luck!

I'm sorry to hear that things are looking bad in terms of your fingernails. I think that it'd be a good idea for you to go to a doctor to check it out. Pitted fingernails usually indicate a protein deficiency. Have you had a change in diet lately? It would be a good idea to investigate this issues because sometimes fingernails indicate other health problems. Let us know how things go.