My friend told me nails are more important in discovering diseases then some people want to admit. I do not understand much what she keeps telling me, but I started to be interested. Off course, she is not a doctor and do not know much about some medical conditions. Anyway, I wonder where she got this information, so I wonder if that is true. What types of fingernail disorders can you tell me?

Fingernail disorders, changes or abnormalities are typically the result of nutritional deficiencies or some specific conditions. It is true that could often reveal disorders in others areas of the body. Changes in fingernails often indicate different illness in the body before the rest of the body will. If you have any of the following symptoms, you should seek medical attention. Beading of the fingernails may be indicative of rheumatoid arthritis. Brittle nails may be indicative of circulatory problems, iron deficiency, impaired kidney function or even thyroid problems. Easily broken fingernails may be indicative of a nutritional deficiency such as minerals or proteins. If you have dark fingernails, it may be indicative of a Vitamin B12 deficiency and anemia. Deep blue nails may be indicative of a pulmonary obstruction such as asthma or emphysema. At the end, yellow nails may be indicative of internal disorders long before symptoms show up elsewhere in the body. Those disorders are diabetes, liver, lymphatic or respiratory conditions, or just a sing of a smoker.