Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone here could enlighten me on this matter. My little brother (14 yrs old) seems to have black vertical lines under some of his finger nails (I believe it's about 4 or 5 fingers) for a long time now. I'm not exactly sure if they come and leave periodically, but every time I look at him he'll have them. Now, I've read up somewhere that I should be worried about heart problems and whatnot. Is that correct? He's never had any major problems with his health - rather, he's been quite healthy for all these years it's kinda weird to think about heart problems.

All kinds of info gladly accepted, thanks.

Well,

I am not sure if the only thing that black lines indicate is the heart disease but I know that this is something that you don’t wish to ignore. I know that black lines under your fingernails indicate that something is not right with your heart. So as you can see this is a very serious symptom which has to be diagnosed by doctor. So my suggestion would be to see your doctor in order to do some test for your heart and see if everything is fine with your blood system.  I hope that this is nothing serious and that you found this helpful in any possible way.

Good luck,

Karel

I have one on my middle fingef I had a by hopsie last week and havent heard what found yet they said it could mi a mold, O do have heart problems by pass.. So I dont really know whats wrong..