Hi all. I know this is, first of all, health forum, but I would really like to know has anyone here ever had acrylic toenails put on? You see, not long ago, I banged my toe and broke my big toe toenail and I had to cut it extremely low. It looks really awful now and as I’m going to seaside next week, I really need to do something about it. It will take forever to grow out – I’m sure it will not gorw enough by the time I get to the seaside. Do nail salons do this and how much does it cost?

I really don't see why this could not be done… I mean they do so many things to fingernails so I see no reason for not doing the same on your toenail. I’m sure they can make a tip that will fit the size of your toenail. Also, I don’t see the reason they should charge you more than they charge fingernails. Have a good time on seaside!!!

A little late....but....

Yes, they will put on an acrylic nail. It does not need to be "filled" as often as a regular fingernail, since toenails grow more slowly.

I had one done about a year ago after managing to do something that caused half my toenail to lift off the nail bed and break off. (It was hideous.) I had it done at the same place as I was getting my usual nails and pedicures (a shop in the mall), and had no problems and got to wear my sandals all summer as usual without an ugly toe sticking out! They just put a nail tip on my toenail, then put the acrylic stuff over it. When my toes were painted, it looked exactly like my other nails!

I'd recommend having it done. If you need to remove it later, that's easily done.