Probably TMI for some people, but I need help and I have researched the web like crazy for answers. I had my last period on June 26, 2010. I started Cryselle birth control on July 1, 2010. I was not sure when it would be totally effective and safe so I had been using condoms, but on July 9, 2010, I had sex and the condom broke. Since I had just started taking the birth control on July 1st, I decided to use emergency contraception as well. Cryselle is FDA approved to be used as emergency contraception (take 4 pills right after unprotected sex, then 4 pills again 12 hours later.) So I just used that method of emergency contraception as well. I'm scared, and I'm mad that I was being careful and something bad like this happened anyways. So, what are the chances of pregnancy here? Also I should be expecting my next period July 24th-ish.

Hi honey! Most pills become effective within the first week - they are quite different actually! But with the emergency contraceptive you are DEFINITELY NOT pregnant! What you have to keep in mind is this! The pill stops ovulation - which is usually 14 days after the 1st day of your period so in your case that would be about July 10th! So the 9th event would have depended on IF you ovulated! BUT since you took the morning after pill then there is no way you are! Also please remember this the morning after pill is NOT to be used with BCP - as it is the same hormones but in concentrated form! This could make your next period wonky, just watch! Also I would advice you to STILL have your partner use a condom and ejaculate into it outside the body! This way there will be ZERO chance of becoming pregnant! Good luck and health!