Hello people,

I have heard this elusive ingredient mentioned on skincare forums and in blogs a few times. As my skin is aging, lately more rapidly than ever, I am quite interested in anything that could help me maintain my appearance for as long as possible. Unfortunately, most descriptions of Matrixyl 3000 appear to be written for people who know much more about skincare and chemistry than I do.

Does anyone care to give me the plain English version of what Matrixyl 3000 is, what it does for the skin, and which products I can find it in if I want to use it?

Thanks.

Matryxil 3000 is an anti-age ingredient that was developed by the Sederma corporation, which also created Matrixyl (the two have little to do with each other, chemically speaking). Not that this means anything to most people, myself included actually, but Matrixyl 3000 contains palmitoyl oligopeptide and palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7. Those are peptides. Peptides have two or more amino acids.

Blablabla.

You wanted plain English so you'll get it :). Matrixyl 3000 is something that is supposed to help you look younger. According to its creators, it will reduce wrinkles, both volume and depth, significantly. It also makes the skin smoother and less saggy and increases skin tone.

As far as products that contain Matrixyl 3000 are concerned, be aware that they tend to be rather expensive. The cheapest I know of is called Isomers Matrixyl 3000 Rejuvenation Serum which costs something like $30. Also under $100 are Bellaplex and Nutra-Lift Rejuvenating Therapy. "Your Best Face Correct" sounds like a very cheesy product name but that one costs $150 and is a favorite among people who are really into Matrixyl 3000.

I'm not saying which one is better or marketing anything because I actually know very little about this other than frequenting beauty blogs as well. Whether it all works, I don't know.

Count me in on the "interested in anti-aging but don't know anything about the science behind it" front! Rather than reading those scientific blurbs about Matrixyl 3000, why not go over to Amazon and look up reviews of products that contain it? I've been looking at a Hyaluronic Acid serum that contains Matrixyl 3000 as well, for instance, and it has a steady flow of satisfied customers who say this is a winning combo that hydrates their skin well and shaves years off their faces. I'm strongly considering buying this serum now and don't think it's necessary to know all that much about the mechanism of action behind Matrixyl 3000 to know that it works. From what people say, it does work. In reality that is all I care about. I suspect most consumers are the same.

Celebrity

I'm sorry to be a party pooper, but I do feel I have to say this: all the studies conducted into the safety and efficacy of matrixyl 3000 were, in fact, funded by the manufacturer itself. Many people have concerns over the safety of this ingredient, which is laden with all kinds of different chemicals. If I recall correctly even the FDA issued a warning over it, but I should look that up to make sure I'm correct there.

This is the very reason I like to stick to natural products whenever possible. Ingredients such as matrixyl 3000, which are possibly unsafe, quickly appear in many different products. Martixyl 3000 is in so many more products than you could ever imagine! I would rather not risk putting it on my skin.

Rosie

I agree. I know that Matrixyl 3000 features in brands including Creme de la Mer, Loreal, Avon, and Lancome. Besides Matrixyl 3000, things like benzoyl peroxide, which also have safety concerns surrounding them, also appear in cosmetics in large numbers.

Most people buy products without reading the ingredient list, of that I am sure. Even if they do read the ingredients, most won't have the faintest idea what they mean. I wish products that were approved as safe were the only ones to appear in cosmetics myself. It seems increasingly hard to find non-dangerous cosmetics.

Well yeah... posts like yours, the only directly below you, and the interaction I had with someone regarding the safety of sunscreen ingredients about a month ago make me wonder.... how much, like, do we really know about the stuff we put on our bodies every day? I admit I'm guilty of this. I tend to think yeah, it's available from a shop it must be tested and deemed safe, know what I mean? At the same time I do care about my health and don't want to use cosmetic products that could ultimately harm me. Colour me beyond confused here...

Matrixyl 3000 is a very effective peptide product used in numerous anti-age creams these days. It can effectively double the skin's collagen context within just a few weeks of using it, which is the reason it is so popular in anti-age products. It's nothing new though, having been around for quite a while. I've heard rumours about it not being safe too, but then again I challenge you to find any product about which such rumours are completely absent in certain circles. With it still being on the shelves across many countries, I doubt that we need to worry about Matrixyl 3000.