I absolutely adore stevia for cooking — I have quite the sweet tooth but react pretty hadly to sugar, getting redness, breakouts and itching all over my face, so I tend to avoid it. Stevia does not cause me those side effects. It recently came to my attention that some people don't just use stevia to prevent skin problems that might be caused by table sugar if they have it, but also that they use stevia powder masks on their face to improve their complexion and reduce wrinkles. I already have plenty of stevia at home, so that is very appealing to me. Can anyone tell me more about this?

I have not heard of using a stevia facial mask as such, but I do know that stevia minimizes the appearance of fine lines. Some people use the liquid stevia to apply it directly to the areas of the skin where they have the most wrinkles, and others use the powder by mixing it it with their day cream and wear it like that all day. Why only apply a mask for 10 minutes when you can have it on your face all day long?

XXX

Rona

I have been using stevia in my coffee for years now and it amazing to think that such a low or no calorie product can add so much flavor! Because I was chuffed with the way it worked in my coffee, I used it as a face mask as well after reading that other people were doing this to reduce their wrinkles. I actually got like a recipe online. You use filtered water with a tablespoon of stevia and some avocado oil. You leave it on your face for 15 minutes. As the mask is on, you can really feel the skin being tightened. Overall my complexion looks healthier and I recommend the use of this to everybody. Even my colleagues at work commented on my younger appearance without knowing I did anything differently, so it must be doing something!

Good luck!

Stevia helps reduce wrinkles because it contains retinoic acid, which stimulates the production of collagen, which is what keeps your skin looking full and elastic. You can either mix some stevia powder in with your moisturizer, or use it as a mask. Either way, you will reap the benefits.

Did you know stevia also has other benefits? If you suffer from dandruff, add some stevia to your shampoo to beat it! If you have little cuts or scratches (which I often do, because I have cats), you can soak them in water to which you add some stevia. And of course, using stevia instead of sugar will help you lose weight.

Pretty cool!

Oh, Stevia? Yeah I've seen that they sell colas with that stuff in there. Now it's also supposed to be great for the skin? I've heard that honey masks are supposed to do quite a lot of good to the skin, so perhaps this is similar? Sugar makes the skin tighter or something? I'll be the first to admit that I know absolutely nothing about this, right, but I am open minded and wouldn't mind giving that a go. Those who say it works, can you perhaps explain what is supposed to be so great about stevia for the skin?

To answer myself, hahaha, I looked into this some and the best I could come up with is stevia is an antioxidant and that's why it's meant to be good for the skin. Some places say that stevia is only FDA approved for use in diet and not as a skin product, but yeah... Funnily enough, there's plenty of folks doing them sugar scrubs on their skin too, but then some other places say sugar ages the skin. In short, yeah, the mind boggles and I can't say I understand any of this. Is there anyone here smarter or that got more time on their hands, hahaha? I'm still curious.

Equate Stevia Natural Sourced Sweetener 150 g is what I get. It does give your skin a nice boost but do be aware that it has a drying effect so you need to take extra good care that you use a very decent moisturizer for dry skin after the mask. It does tighten your skin and does make you look younger. I use it three to four times a week because it is easy to do and has become a natural part of my skin care. It may not have permanent effects but if you use it often enough you will really see the difference.