Hi

I went to Sephora for some other stuff and got a sample for some hyaluronic acid booster plus or something like that, which I have been quite impressed with especially as I had been wanting to try hyaluronic acid a while now. I think it is tightening my skin but it is not as nourishing as I was expecting. That's to say my previous moisturizer left my skin feeling more soft as it were. I do like the hyaluronic acid and would like to continue using it.

So what is the best hyaluronic acid moisturizer out there and that it is not too expensive if possible?

Thanks

Hmm... I know hyaluronic acid is a hot word in skincare now and I myself have tried some products with it as well. I am not impressed however, and do believe hyaluronic acid in skincare products is more hype than science miracle. Sure, hyaluronic acid FILLERS absolutely do a great job and improve upon botox a lot for most purposes. Does hyaluronic acid used internally really penetrate the skin and acts as a powerful anti-aging agent? Not everyone is convinced. I'm not a scientist but there are those who say that the molecules are just too large to pass through the skin at all. So yeah, I would not hold hyaluronic acid up as some great thing necessarily.

Oh, there are so many amazing skincare products with hyaluronic acid around these days that it is hard to choose! I totally get that!

• New York Biology Retinol Cream for Face with Hyaluronic Acid (Wow, two great ingredients in one product!)
  • Amara Organics Hyaluronic Acid Serum

• Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream

• Angel Skin Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer with Squalane, Jojoba and Apricot Oil

• And of course... Mario Badescu Hydrating Moisturizer with Biocare and Hyaluronic Acid

Mind you, this is just a small selection of moisturizers in particular with hyaluronic acid that I have heard excellent things about. (I tried some but not all.) You may also instead decide to look into a hyaluronic acid serum.

I've been using this ProNu Vitamin-35 Serum. Besides vitamin C which it obviously contains as you can see from the name of the serum, there is also hyaluronic acid as well, and retinoic acid. The hyaluronic acid percentage is 10%. Being in my late 30s and approaching the big 4-0 now, I'm quite impressed with how this serum has actually tightened my skin and brightened my complexion. Though hyaluronic acid itself is a great thing, I do absolutely believe that these ingredients working together gives an edge, does a better job at making the skin look younger.

Celebrity

Hey,

The one I personally like using is Paula's Choice's Hyaluronic Acid Booster. This is suitable for all skin types including those with rosacea, which is a huge advantage, and it also means it is for you as well. What does "booster" mean? Well, basically exactly what it says on the tin! By using Paula's Choice's Hyaluronic Acid Booster, you get a quick boost of hyaluronic acid and can still use any other oil, moisturizer or serum you want to. This product is also cruelty free which is very important to me personally. Besides which, it has excellent reviews (besides my own :)).

Rosie

I'm wondering what the difference is between hyaluronic acid moisturizers and serums too. Mostly I assume that serums are actually just a stronger more potent version of what you would get inside a moisturizer. But I am not sure. I've heard that hyaluronic acid attracts water like 50 times its weight or something like that and this means that you achieve plumped out skin that looks younger but also just smoother looking skin for any age group. If so the concentration is what really matters plus the other ingredients of the product you are using. Which product is best? I don't know. If someone can recommend please let me know.

I don't know about actual moisturizers as such, but Cosmedica's hyaluronic acid serum is supposed to be one of the very best hyaluronic acid serums on the market today. It is supposed to be comparable to a much higher priced brand the name of which I forget now because it's definitely out of reach. I have Cosmedica's hyaluronic acid serum and while it did make my skin feel dry at the beginning, a common complaint for people who first start using these serums, I feel great now and my skin looks awesome.