The skin near my eye area is looking incredibly dehydrated at the moment, giving me the appearance of more wrinkles and aging me by a decade or so. It's really frustrating! It's nothing I can conceal with makeup either because the problem is so obviously structural. What home remedies or cosmetics can I use to stop this? I'm 40 and the problem really became apparent over the last three months or so, so I know it is not down just to aging alone. As long as it really works, I am willing to spend quite a lot, because it is affecting my whole look. 

Mmm... cut down on coffee and alcohol? Avoid rubbing the eyes, because this can actually cause a form of dehydration in the area, don't use eye makeup or removers that contain alcohol, use an air humidifier especially if you work and/or live in an airconditioned environment, and layer your eye creams on gently rather than putting a whole lot at once, which can cause dehydration as the moisture in the product vaporizes. If all of this doesn't work or you are already doing these things, go to a spa for a decent series of facials.

Celebrity

I would be interested in discussing this topic as well, as I have been suffering from "withdrawn" skin in the intraorbital area lately, which is making the dark circles I had before look even worse. The previous poster had some good tips. In addition, I have also tried cucumber sliced, I haven't been taking warm baths for a few years already and avoid water that is too warm for skincare in general, and I take a vitamin supplement for skin, nails and hair. I don't know if there is something wrong with me, because my intraorbital area is still visibly dehydrated! I can't find more tips besides these, so if someone has heard of any I would be interested.

Rosie

If your skin, underneath your eyes, looks dry and sunken, I would not necessarily assume that you are dealing with dehydration. Is it even possible to have localized dehydration in just one area? Or is dehydration always system wide? I do know most people do not drink enough water. You are probably among them. So starting with upping your water intake is always a good thing. Then, look into a good vitamin C serum to lighten dark circles and use an eye cream. Some concealer also goes a long way toward making you look awesome immediately in the short term.

Yeah, that, basically. All kinds of stuff can make the skin under your eyes look rough and worn and it ain't all dehydration. Vitamin C would do a great deal for antioxidant content, but you may also wanna look into hyaluronic acid in case there's actually a tad of dehydration going on. Hyaluronic acid attracts moisture like mad and if it's a factor at all, it will help you. Oh, the stuff fights wrinkles too so is a real good choices anyways... Maybe look into taking phytoceramides as well? I heard that helps with the eye area too.

Me, I swear by Kiehl’s Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Eye Cream. I don't know whether I'm dehydrated though of course I don't drink as much water as I probably should (same as everyone else really), but I do know that the skin around the eyes is 40 % thinner than the rest of your face and that it deserves extra care. This is where wrinkles show up first, so I didn't wait for actual signs of aging before starting a prevention regime. It works well for me. My eyes and the skin around them look awesome, with few signs of wrinkles. I am 24 by the way and have been using eye creams for at least 10 years now. It pays off.

Dry and itchy lower and upper eyelids can be caused by all sorts of issues and do not necessarily point towards an underlying problem with system-wide dehydration, though drinking more water is of course always a good idea. Allergies, whether to pollen, foods, or some of the cosmetics you are using can be one cause for instance. Another cause of dehydrated looking skin near the eye area would be cleansers, creams, serums, makeup, or whatever else you are using there in terms of cosmetics. If you have dry looking intraorbital skin, some terms to investigate further are Eyelid Dermatitis, Atopic Dermatitis, Eborrheic Dermatitis, and Blepharitis. The treatment will depend on the cause of your dry skin.

When did started happening to me (I have eczema as well and the two can be related), I committed to removing offending products from my routine by switching them out for just gentle non-fragranced medical cosmetics. Another big part is removing all your makeup at night as its presence 24/7 definitely contributes to drying out your skin. And, now this is going to sound a bit odd, but it worked for me, when my eye skin is really, really dry I actually put Vaseline on it. Only at night because it looks shiny, but it really helps hydration and the skin looks less puffy as well.

It is summer now, and it is getting rather hot where I live. I recently noticed that I am getting kind of flaky skin around my eyes. I really don't like it. It is uncomfortable as well as looking bad. It pulls, if you know what I mean. Of course I have tried to put moisturizers, oils, even vaseline yes, under my eyes and no improvement so far. If anything, it got worse. Now my question is, what can I do about it? Could it be a medical condition or do I just have very stubborn and unpleasant skin?

Oh, I've replied here already, LOL. Like I said on another thread though, my skin has been looking a little worse for wear lately and yes, this is reflecting in the area under the eyes. Especially in the morning when I first wake up, there are signs of extra wrinkly bits that are unusual for me and an overall dehydrated look. I don't have allergies or anything and think this has to do with my busy work schedule lately. The thing is that that can't be helped right now. Plus this also means that I eat less well, which definitely takes its toll.

Quick pick me ups, anyone?