I'm 48 and I would like to do something to combat the wrinkles I am developing, mainly on my forehead, around my eyes, and those laughter lines, as well as sagging and loose skin all over the face. I have never been opposed to plastic surgery and always thought it would be a good thing to have a face lift when the time came.

Now I did hear about Phytoceramides, which was on the Dr Oz show as well, and the claim is that these pills can make you look a decade younger. Being a cheaper and much less invasive option I am quite interested. I've read about them and think that they probably really work. 

I am still curious how the effect of using Phytoceramides compares to the effect of a face lift.

Thoughts?

Celebrity

You get different types of Phytoceramides. They are tablets that contain the lipids naturally present in your skin in higher quantities, which becomes more important as you age because your skin's collagen production is going to slow down and your skin will gradually lose elasticity. Phytoceramides stimulate both collagen and elasticity and protect from infection as well, and can reverse signs of aging including deeper wrinkles. 

I have never heard them compared to a face lift, mainly because I think they have a different target audience. Phytoceramides are more for people who would only consider more natural products while a face lift is ideal for those people comfortable with surgical intervention. 

Rosie

Alright so I looked these Phytoceramides up and well.... I saw some interesting things, let's just say that. There were amazing before and after pics but then you've also gotta mention that though this one lady looked amazing and much younger in the after pic, she had grey hair and glasses in the before pic and blonde hair and no glasses in the after pic. So I'm sure that makes a difference too, you know? Anyway, there's claims that Phytoceramides can reduce wrinkles by wait for it.. 84 per cent. And that's with a 95 per cent increase in collagen production. Sounds amazing. All marketing? Who knows.

The good thing about Phytoceramides is that they have the ability to reach all the 4 layers of your skin, which makes them unique among skincare products. As you apply Phytoceramides, you induce new collagen production, which makes your skin look plumper, and repair damage, which includes sun damage and finer wrinkles, making your skin look younger. They also act as a hydrating agent, which means your skin will not get dry, and will prevent new signs of aging. It is good to know they are FDA approved as safe as well. How does using Phytoceramides compare to a face lift? Honestly, I don't know. I do know that I want to look younger and healthier but don't want a face lift though, so Phytoceramides are good enough for me!

Hello, I have been using ZenVita Phytoceramides with Vitamins A, C, D, and E for a while now. When I ordered them, I was skeptical but curious and hopeful enough to try them out for myself. I had some deeper wrinkles, loose skin, and a lot of puffiness mainly around the eye area. Four months later, I do look better and have received more than my fair share of compliments! I am now sure that they do work, and hoping to see even better results in the future with continued use. A face lift does come with quicker results, obviously, but the Phytoceramides I use cost $40 per bottle and are actually on sale right now at half price. That's a price for which I am beyond willing to accept delayed results! Not to mention that, unless you have a wheat insensitivity, there are no risks with this product, and facelifts do come with an awful lot of risks. I would definitely recommend Phytoceramides now that I have some experience with them. Obviously you still have to try to eat a healthy diet and take care of your skin. I still use anti-age products myself. Hopefully this will be of some help to you and you may decide to try this out for yourself.

We have two threads going on about plant ceramides, guys, which is fine of course and they do cover different ground, but I wanted to post here too. After doing a lot of reading on the topic, I am now absolutely convinced that plant ceramides can provide impressive anti-aging results. However, after doing even more reading, I now also know that some people report positive changes to their rosacea (which I have) and other difficult to treat skin conditions like very dry skin. Plant ceramides are not just of interest to those who want to look younger, then. I am now looking into which ones I want to buy, but I already know that I am definitely going to get some.

So, these phytoceramides could be real interesting then... I'll be honest and say that I don't wanna look a lot younger than I am. I'm in my late 20s and still sometimes struggle to be taken seriously at work, 'cause people tend to think I'm younger than I am. This honestly bugs me. But I do want nice healthy looking skin, damage prevention, all that good stuff. Do you think phytoceramides would be alright for someone like me or are they really meant for people who are a lot older? If anyone knows, shoot, 'cause I'd really like to know the answer...