I know you can get pregnant while breastfeeding. I have done it twice. My period has always returned by no later than 8 months, my son is 14 months, and my period still has not returned. I  had spotting in June that lasted 2days. And Had neg. hpts. Nothing in July. And Then I had brownish cm on Aug. 13. Thought I was getting my period,(because it seemed like old blood). But now I'm thinking maybe it was implantaion bleeding. So my question is, can you get pregnant without having had a period? I have also checked my cervix, and it is high, and soft. Which I know can be a sign of pregnancy. I haven't taken a hpt since July. Any help would be great!

you cant get pregnant while breastfeeding!

aworedgirl wrote:

You obviously did NOT read my whole post. You CAN get pregnant while breastfeeding. I have 2 children that are proof. The only time breastfeeding is a good contraceptive, is when it is done exclusively. Meaning the child gets nothing but breast milk. And even then you are taking a chance. My child is now over a year old, and eats table food as well as breastfeeds. So yes it is very possible to get pregnant. Also, my question was not can I get pregnant while breastfeeding,it had to do with my period not yet returning.