I hope someone can help me, I am continuing to nurse my 10 month old son. My periods resumed 2 months ago and had been regular. However, I am late a week for this month. I have taken multiple pregnancy tests with all negative results. I am also on the mini pill. Can your period stop again while nursing once it resumes or could I be pregnant again?

SO WERE YOU PREGNANT OR NOT, I'M IN THE SAME SITUATION?

If you are sexually active, then YES, you could be pregnant again. During those first few months we are fertile mrytle's! Don't you see all those siblings that are like a year apart? How many parents do you think planned it that way?

I am also in the same situation. I have had four months of regular periods. I am late this month with a negative test. Can nursing change the results of the test?

I nursed for 20 months and my son slowed down his nursing greatly we are down to twice a day at the most and I got my period back at ten months and now it is 12 days late and I took two pregnancy tests and both were negative. I am going for a blood test next week in my OB office. My OB said not to worry unless you go two months or more. I am still thinking of taking another test since my last one was 5 days ago.

The same this is happening to me right now. I nursed my son until he was 8 months old and I started getting my periods back very regulary (every 28 days on the dot). It has been 5 months and I am still nursing (only at night for a very short time) and I am 6 days late for my period with no signs at all of getting it. I took a clear blue pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative?? Could I be pregnant even though the test was negative and I took it 5 days after my period was due? Has this happened to anyone before and they turned out to be pregnant or not pregnant??

The same thing is happening to me! I am nursing my 10 month old son and I resumed getting my period two months ago. Now I am almost 2 weeks late. I took a pregnacy test a few days ago and it was negative. I am not on the pill or anything so ofcourse I am a little worried I could be pregnant. But I assume that the test would have shown a positive if I was. The other thing is that I am getting a lot of cramping like I am getting my period, but with no actual period. Not sure if I should go and buy another test or go to the doctor.
EMILY Did you end up being pregnant or what did your doctor say???

I wish someone would have responded if they ended up being pregnant, because I am going through the same thing right now. Period always 28 days on the dot. Feel pregnant down to total exhaustion, nausea, cramping and tingling breasts. I even feel sicker around the smell of fresh cut grass (only happens when I've been pregnant) I am now 2 days late and have two negative tests.

Whatever the outcome, I will post whether I ended up being pregnant or not. In the mean time, if anyone ended up being pregnant, please respond.

thanks

i really wish for a reply as i am in the same boat. someone please help

I am glad I found this site. I don't feel so bad knowing this could be a common occurance or else were all pregnant. My son is 12 months old. I am nursing as well and this should be my second period I am now 10 days late with period cramping but no period. I want to know if someones pregnant.

Anyone pregnant? I'm a week late now myself! Same situation. Nursing full time.....had a period....now nothing.

Hi im in same boat. Nursing full time...one period now nothing...done two preg tests both negative. about two weeks late. Is this normal?

i just had the same thing happen.i had two months of not really a period but some blood for a couple of days and then the third month i had a full period.5 days of bleeding.that was in december.but now in january no period.i am a week late.i have taken three pregnancy tests all with negative results.but it's weird because i also feel nausea everyday.does nursing affect pregnancy tests.with my first two sons i took pregnancy tests before i even missed my period and even only being 3 weeks and five days pregnant i got a positive result.

I am in the same situation but i fond this info and it helped me.

Quote:

Menstruation and Breastfeeding

Almost anything is considered normal when it comes to your periods while breastfeeding. All women experience a time of postpartum bleeding following birth which is not considered a menstrual period. If bottle-feeding, most mothers will have their first real period not long after this. Breastfeeding, however, suppresses menstruation at least for a while. For some mothers, there may be an absence of menstruation for weeks, months, and even years while still breastfeeding. Some mothers will even need to completely wean before they see their first period. Others, once their babies begin taking supplemental foods or sleeping longer periods at night, will see the first period. Once menstruation returns it may continue to be irregular during lactation. It's not uncommon to have a shorter or longer than normal period while breastfeeding. It's also not abnormal to skip a period or see the first period return and then find that months pass before the next one.

When the first period returns depends upon several factors: how frequently the baby is nursing, how often the baby is supplemented with bottles, whether or not the baby takes a pacifier, how long the baby is sleeping at night, whether or not solids have been introduced, and the mother's own individual body chemistry and the way it responds to hormonal influences associated with breastfeeding. Any time the stimulation to the breast is decreased, especially at night, menstruation is likely to return soon after.

It is not that you are feeding your child and you cannot get pregnanct. It depends how long the time has been passed away after your child birth. YOu should consukt your doctor. Also ask her that how you can stop being pregnant so early.[/list]