Hi all
I have a 9 month old, I'm still breastfeeding and my periods have not returned. I had a light period when my baby was 3 months old but nothing since! Me and my husband would like to try for another baby but because I don't have a cycle I don't know when my best time to concieve is!
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
CJ

if you do not have a period then you don't ovulate, so you can't get pregnant. it may be due to the fact that you are breast feeding. in some woman, breast feeding keeps them from ovulating. so, either wait a little while longer, or wing your baby off of breast feeding.

Thanks thats what I thought! Oh well better wait a little :-(

I actually have heard from my gyno that you can still ovulate with no period and if you are still breast feeding you still have HcG in your system (which is the chemical thats detected in pregnant ladies in HPT) So you could get + results but actually be -... Just a thought Good Luck

I have a 9-month old that I am nursing and haven't had a period so I went to see my doc yesterday. I thought there was a problem but doc said it's normal to not have a period while nursing. She advised that you can still get pregnant even though there is no period and prescribed a birth control pill to prevent pregnancy. Doc said many women THINK that you cannot get pregnant under these circumstances but have seen cases where women were breastfeeding, no period, and came into the office wondering how they got pregnant b/c they thought they were not ovulating. Ask your OBG!

This is totally untrue. You can still ovulate but not have a visible period. This has just happened to me and a few other mums that I know. And also, if you do some research you will find that you can ovulate against many odds. Having a period is not just ovulation.

Soooo untrue! I got pregnany with my daughter while breastfeeding my son. I hadn't had a period in 11 months, never thought I could get pregnant. I was 16 weeks pregnant when I found out. Talk about being shocked! I was told at that momentthat breastfeeding does not prevent pregnancy.

I've got the opposite problem. I exclusively breastfed my baby, but my periods came back straight away, how unlucky is that! When my little one reached 7 months we decided to start trying for number 2. We're a few months in and not having much luck at the moment. It appears as though even though my periods came back I may not be ovulating :-( Its fun trying though :-)

you can ovulate without having a period u know!!! you dont need a period to ovulate you just need to have sex constantlly because you cant guess when its the exact day you are ovulating!!! A period and an ovulation are two different things.... research before you post!!!