Ok so I really dont want to waste money on an er visit and find out it was something I can take tums for so please help!!!! I've had a stomach ache pretty much all day. Nothing helps it, and now the pain is more so in my right side. The odd part is its more a moderate to dull pain that really only hurts when I move, sitting down or standing in a stationary position I'm fine. It just wont go away, I've tried hydrating, eating. The pain did seem to start shortly after a painful bowel movement if anyone knows anything that preferable doesn't involve the term Appendicitis, I would be most happy. Though do be honest if thats what you think it is. PS with a cough the entire stomach feels like its being punched. Thank you.

Sounds like you may have strained your abdomen when undergoing a painful bowel movement. If the symptoms have not subsided or you are not noticing some difference you should definately seek medical attention. I know the cost of ER is a lot but if it is something serious it could cost you more money in the long run. If symptoms have subsided, then of course no worries. With a strain, it just takes some time, maybe a week and you should be feeling fine. A moderate and dull pain is normal with a strain, but those symptoms will go away. Good luck to you and keep us posted on the outcome. Hopefully the pain will just go away and as long as there is nothing else happening like nausea, headaches, vomiting all should be good.

Hi:

This sounds like it's more gastrointestinal. However, pain on the right side does make one think of your appendix. You know that appendicitis is life threatening...so a trip to ER might be worth it. The gastrointestinal thing could mean that you have a blockage, which could also be serious. Have you been drinking enough water lately. Did you go a while without a bowel movement before this last one. Could this be really bad constipation? I would still recommend a trip to a doctor's office because the pain makes your condition sound really serious. Colon cancer is not a respecter of age, so don't rule the serious things out.....Serious problems have to be caught early. Don't guess here...it could be appendicitis...especially if the pain continues to get worse....You don't have time to play with this problem....Good luck !

Hey, I'm been through the same thing now. Can you tell me what was it?

Hi Im going through the same problem and i also m a week late for my period what could be happening?

I have the same problems except my left side it's been going on for a day now and it hurts more a night can anyone help?

If it gets worse at night it pribably means you have acid reflux. Its nothing serious its just something that comes and goes and some people have it worse than others. Many people get the symptoms of acid reflux and think its stomach cancer, but in most cases its not. The symptoms are almost identical.

if your tummys hurting like me is i tried jumping and moving and it toatally helped me and it might hurt a bit at the start but trie it at least ur not gonna lost anything

ya it might be your appendix

i have a pain on my side, when i move or cough it hurts... i also have sore throat, stuffy nose and my right arm and leg are hurting when i lift things that are not heavy. im only 13 and i have no idea what this is.

True I have it

Me too, it's kind of scary, whenever I move or sit up, my Bottom of my stomach knots up and really hurts

You are pregnant

My stomach has been aweful for the last2 days now, every time I move and cough and sneeze it feels like someone's hitting a ball in my stomach

Same, Im going to the E.R today.