Hello! A few weeks ago I noticed a lump on my stomach. I watched it closely and it hasn’t changed since the day I spotted it. I am very worried because my friend told me that stomach lump is created when a person has cancer. Is this true?

Well, it is true but this doesn’t mean you have cancer. I will try to explain you.
The building blocks of the body are tiny cells, which normally repair and reproduce in a controlled process. With cancer, this process goes wrong and cells can divide and grow in an uncontrolled way, causing a lump - a tumor – on the stomach ( in your case ). If this tumor contains cells that are able to invade neighboring tissues or organs, it is known as malignant. If the tumor does not do this it is termed benign, and is not cancer. But you have to go to the hospital as soon as possible and have this checked!!!!

Hi am 13 and I have a lump on my stomach. It is on the left ide of my belly button. It is very tender. And my parents dont know if i should go to the doctor. I guess i just want to know the possiblities. We went to a doctor and thy said t s a fatty deposit, but it has go worse. And it hurts.

My husband (25) has had this slender oval lump above and slightly to the right of his pelvic bone on his left side. It has seemed to get a slightly larger (according to him), uncomfortable and now irratating and tingly when he sits. He also feels a smaller one above that one. He just went to the doctors today, and like the girl in the above message, they said the same thing, that they thought it was fatty cell build up. Specifically Lymphoma..which scared the hell out of me. They did blood tests, and gave him some medicine to see if it will make it go away. They are pretty sure it's not a hernia, b/c of the coughing test. But I'm scared..does anyone offer any other suggestions? I feel helpless just waiting. Any advise/suggestions are welcome!

(quote)Trish is that you. I'm trying to figure out what is the matter with you to but you have none o the symptoms of any cancers. Don't worry i'm sure you are fine.

hey...
im 16 years old and i have a lump on the right side of my stomach, kind of right next to my belly button. Theres a small indention and then the lump.
I havnt been to a doctor yet, but im planning to. It hurts when i cough... and it usually hurts more before my period starts...right now its sore, hurting, and tender...

To the lady that said her husband didnt have a hernia because he did the cough test, does it mean when he coughs and it hurts its just a fatty deposit or when u cough and it hurts it means u have a hernia? Or did he cough and it didnt hurt at all?

Im really scared, i have enough problems as it is...i have a bad back...well basically bad body...I see a chiropractor, and yea... I have soft tissue damage, muscle damage..etc.. all in my back and some part of my hips and pelvis. When i first started seeing them i was in the begining stages of sublixation... i dont know if this information can help..but i just thought i should let you guys know.

I'm sure that you might be scared by this but I think that you should try to keep yourself in high spirits because what you're going through is not atypical and it's not a big deal. You do have a lump but it could be any number of things. A friend of mine had a lump removed from his stomach and it turned out that it was something like a fatty deposit so please don't worry. Just go to the doctor and you should be okay. Keep us posted on what it is, okay?

I'm 15 and I have the same thing

Me too 2013 I just got it when I came home from taking a test i set down and then i notice something on my belly it was a bump 0.o

i am 12 and i have a lump below and kinda to the right of my belly button i got kicked in the vagina and this poped up it hurts and i am scared what is it i havnt went to the docter my tummy is a little big in roundness and i have 2 not 1 lump if u know tell me 

I'm so glad I've found of these that I can reply on.. I need help. I'm 20 years old. I've always had stomach problems. My stomach use to growl 24/7, when I haven't eaten, when I have, when I was, even when I was sleeping (I only know that because my friends) loud stomach growls. It was embarrassing but other than that never really thought anything of it but my doctor sent me to have a colonoscopy (idk why since all my problems have always been in my stomach). But about 6 months ago I started getting more problems. I was at work and my upper middle stomach started hurting so bad that I had to sit down, I've also almost passed out at work one time. I didn't think anything of it but I went to my doctor anyway and she said I might have an ulcer, she wanted me to go get an ultra sound and an endoscopy to find out what was going on but I didn't wanna waste my money if it was nothing and it wasn't really bugging me. But of course a few months ago I start getting more problems (as soon as I don't have insurance, won't have insurance til October) one day the upper left side of my stomach started hurting, didn't think anything of it until a couple days after that my friend noticed that I had a lump on the middle left side of my stomach. But it didn't hurt so I thought it would go away. At this time I would still eat about the same as I always have except for it would feel like I have eaten too much, it would hurt to bend over, it was like a very uncomfortable feeling in the left side of my stomach, I can't really explain it. Also when I would eat too much (even though it wasn't) the left side of my stomach would be big, like swollen. And it seems like when I eat or stress the lump is more noticeable, idk why. But a couple months ago I started not to eat the same.. Like sometimes I'll have a few bites and be full.. Or sometimes I'll wake up and be full until 3 or 4 in the afternoon, idk what's causing this fullness in my stomach but I think that's whats causing me to lose weight. I've always been really skinny but I use to weigh 98 pounds but when I weighed myself a couple months ago I weighed 91 idk what I weigh now. But you also can't tell that I've lost weight cause I'm usually always bloated. And sometimes when I eat a lot I'll look like a skinny pregnant girl. My ovaries have also been hurting me, usually the right one. I thought it was appendicitis at first. And I've been getting headaches everyday for awhile now, and usually everytime I get one of these headaches I run a low grade fever. And one day all day and night the whole left side of my stomach hurt so bad, nothing I did took the pain away. And one night, when I haven't ate much this day i tried to force myself to eat anyway and ended up throwing up and that same night my upper middle stomah started hurting really bad, like it was deeper in the stomach though.. And sometimes when I eat my stomach will hurt. And I can sleep 12 hours and still be tired. And I never had a problem with heartburn before but now I get it quite often, even when I haven't eaten. Idk I just know that I've never had any of these problems before, but I'm sure it's nothing serious. Does anyone know what could be causing this though? Have any of you had any of these problems?

The fatty deposit is called a lipoma. They are benign and not cancerous. Generally they do not hurt. Also too much poking and 'feeling' can cause pain to the area. Leave it alone for 2 weeks and then feel it again - see if it is still hurts.

Hey , I'm 15 and I noticed a lump about 1-2 inches next to my bellybutton. My period hasnt started and it was suppose to start onow the 9th and now it's the 18th and nothing. When I touch on top my belly button , I feel this sore/ sharp pain when I touch it. My parents haven't really payed much attention too it but I'm much worried .

Hello, I have a lump
In my stomach that I noticed in July.. I have had digestion issues and heartburn ... the lump can be moved from side to side and it causes slight pressure ... also if I am wearing pants that are too tight or a belt it also causes pressure. Any idea what this could be?