I am a 15 year old girl. Since May of 2010, I have had severe stomach pain and nausea. At first I thought it was just the stomach flu, but the pain and nausea would not stop. This continued all month, so I finally went to the doctor in June. My pediatrician sent me to a GI Specialist. The GI doctor said that I might have acid reflux. She said I needed an upper endoscopy and a colonoscopy. The pre-procedure steps for the colonoscopy were supposed to 'flush out' my system. It didn't work. The doctor could not see anything from the colonoscopy because I was not able to get cleaned out enough. She said that there was some sort of infection in my stomach (did not say what the infection was) that caused some inflammation and irritation. She said it should heal on its own. Because of her thinking it was acid reflux, she prescribed antacids. The first one she prescribed was in July or August. She gave me Prevacid. That antacid did not work, so I went back to the doctor just after school started in September. Still thinking it was acid reflux, the GI doctor gave me Nexium (the Purple Pill). Once again, it did not work. It seemed like it was making me worse. Through this whole thing, the stomach pain is still getting worse and so is the nausea. Next thing the doctor prescribed was Pantoprazole. She prescribed that one in November. Just to see how my stomach was doing from the irritation, I had another upper endoscopy in the beginning of December. My stomach inflammation has almost completely healed. But I still have the pain and nausea. In December, I noticed some back pain but didn't think anything of it. I went to the doctor just before Christmas to talk about the results from the endoscopy. She also asked me about the medication... things like "Is it working?" My response is no. "What do you mean?" I said that I have severe stomach pain and nausea, and back pain just started. I feel like I could throw up at any minute. She didn't seem to concerned with that. Just said that it takes time for the medication to work. "Give it a few more weeks." So here I am...March of 2011, still have the stomach pain, nausea, and some on and off back pain. Since December I have not been back at that doctor's office.

Other information: - I have not had a bowel movement on my own in the last 3 weeks. I know that's not normal. I use Dulcolax about 2 times a week. I will not have a bowel movement without it. - I have been advised to stay away from anything with caffiene including soda, pizza, and chocolate. - I have too much acid in my stomach, so I'm not supposed to have any fruit either.

I love doing research, especially on medical problems because I want to have a career in the medical field. I have spend hours trying to figure out the problem, but now I'm stuck. HELP!

I'm only 15 years old. I know that this is not normal, so I really need to know what's wrong with me. I have missed a lot of school because of the nausea. Any information would be great.

What you describe is exactly the similar to the way I am living now - to the point of medications we both are taking. But, I'll tell you what they found to be the cause for my problems. I got extremely sick when I was on vacation -constant nausea and throwing up, even a sip of water would cause this. When I came home, they thought it was appendicitis so they sent me to emergency surgery - only when they started appendicitis procedure they saw it was the burst ulcer that was causing internal bleeding and horrible pain. So, now I'm no the same meds as you are - first I was on Pantoprazole, now I'm on Nexium. Also, diet is the same. And they still haven't found what was the cause, even though they did biopsy and everything. But have they done test for H. pylori in your case?