Hello, I noticed about a week ago I had trouble taking deep breaths w/o having a sharp pain on my left side.  It went away for a few days, but is back again.  I find myself short of air and feeling the need to take deep breaths, however it feels like I cannot take the full deep breath that I want.  It is not excruciating pain, but it is definitely uncomfortable and painful.  It is below my left ribcage, but not underneath it (if that makes sense).  Basically where my ribcage ends is where the pain begins.  I do have an awful diet(fast food) and I do smoke.  I am 29 years old and I fear that it is something serious.  Anyone have like symptoms or know what it may be? Or how to treat it?  I obviously will go to the doctors if it doesn't go away or gets worse, but with the holidays and work, I have a hard time to get free time to go to the doctors.  I've been told it could be gas, a slipped lower rib, gull bladder infection, collapsed lung or a sore or pulled oblique muscle.  All but the first and last seem very scary to me, and I doubt it is the sore oblique because I havent done very many strenuous things lately.  Any insight will surely help.  Thank you and Happy Holidays!

my sister had the same prob. & it was her gull blatter they took it out & shes been fine

Your symtoms sound similar to mine, the pain can be very sharp also when I turn in bed there is a sharp pain and when attempting to sit up, when up and about the symptoms are not as bad. I have read all kinds of diagnosies....does a collapsed lung heal itself?

what if it is the right side?

I just read your post and I'm having these same sharp pains, but I'm 14 and obviously don't smoke. I don't know why I'm having these pains and was wondering if you ever found out why you were having yours? Nobody knows I have them so I was just curious

No. Gallbladder is on the right side below your rib cage. I went to the ER with unbearable pains (gallstones). FYI they say you can't pass gallstones and must get your gallbladder removed BUT I passed them with a homeopathic remedy referred to me with 1 liter apple juice for 5 days. Then 2 spoonfuls of Epsom salts, half cup olive oil half cup lemon juice. The doc had no idea what I was talking about, but all these little green stones come out in your poo .

OMG NEVER BE A DOCTOR

The gall bladder happens on your right side of your rib cage not your left. I think you need to make sure your information is correct before you tell people it will slowly rot in you uintil you die...

take vitamin a b c d e and 20 lts milk per day

The gallbladder is on the right side. I would know mine has been removed 6 mounts ago. Now I have the same pain as this person on my left side. And the gallbladder is extremely painful.

^^^^lmao are you serious????

Gallbladder is on the right side. I know I had mine taken out.

Hello, You should firstly check the another minor problem like Gas, Undigestion etc. Because these minor things, the pain goes there.

If you want to check the things out Let's have a look on:

thechemist.in

Thank you that is a little messed up to tell people that but I have the same pain on my lower left side. Should I get that checked out right away or should I wait?

Hi, I had these pains since I was around 7 years of age, I still have them to this day! I'm now 37, the pain is like a knife stabbing in when I take a deep breath and when I breath out fully, it only happens roughly once a week or can be twice a month, it varies. Still to this day do not know the answer? Could anyone in the medical industry clear this up for me please? I did see a Dr but he put it down to palpatations, which I really don't think so seem as its my breathing, lungs maybe? Rebecca