Last Monday I noticed a strange bump on near my vagina (on the outer lip, near the clitoris). At first i thought i had cut myself shaving but i noticed it really didn't look like a cut and hurt. On Tuesday I put some Neosporin on it and put a Band-Aid over it. I took it off later that day and when i looked at the bump it looked like a pimp (it was raised and full of puss that easily came out). The next day the spot where the puss had been turned black and i put another Band-Aid on it. It has eventually gone down and no longer hurts. I am worried that this could be something like genital herpes or something. I looked up pictures and symptoms but they don't really go along with this bump. The bump now appears as a red spot, with no pain. It looks kind of like a zit that is starting to go away. I have been with my boyfriend for over two years and have not been with anyone else, nor has he. I'm really worried and thinking about getting this checked out, and tested for STDs. I also got a cold on Monday but i doubt that, that has anything to do with this bump. I am afraid that if it is something like genital herpes, and that if it is that my boyfriend will not want to be intimate with me anymore. Hopefully this is just a cut and nothing to worry about, but any input would be helpful. Thanks.

it was probably an ingrown hair..i wouldnt worry about it

What was the result when you went to the doctor. It is probably an STI/STD maybe G. H. Unfortunately, many doctors will diagnose G.H. or other infections as in-grown hairs or what not. Also , though sexual transmission is the most common and most powerful, many STI'/STDs can be transmitted by casual contact. No one likes to admit this so as not to cause a panic.

The bump went away within like a few days. I'm pretty sure it was just a in grown hair since it was the only time it happened before or since.