so I am having a problem with a single bump . I would like to start by saying yes I shave but have not shaved in about 2-3 days, and I had this same problem in the exact same spot previously, about 6 months ago and a similar problem in the same region. This however is the first time I ever attempted to gently squeeze the area. I also would like to say I did have an HSV test done and it came back negative. I also work out quite often (5-6 days a week for 90-120 mins, a lot of it sweaty cardio)

To give you details of the first bump of terror.. I had a single spot/raised area appear on my clitoris that eventually became filled with a white pus or something of that sort, I freaked and went to my local planned parenthood. They did a culture on it able to pop it and get the white fluid out. The culture came back negative and they said they had and adequate amount of specimen. After thinking about it it was very possible that my pubic hair growing back had rubbed my clitoris raw causing the problem. At this time I also had not been sexually active for 4 months as I had just ended a relationship. (explains why I wasnt grooming!). This was in Feb of 2008. I really don't think this was anything more than chaffing from stubbly hair growing back or a thong wedgie (ouch!) but I was working out pretty vigorously. The doctor I had seen even told me *IF* it was herpes it was not a typical outbreak as it was one bump, no clusters or other areas affected and herpes does not typically respond to neosporin.

Then in October of 2008 I had something appear.. almost looked like chaffed bump, slightly swollen. Once again literally a single spot, one bump about pea sized. No clusters or bumps in any other area. No pain or itching, not on the clitoris but above it in the area where the vaginal lips part at the top of your vagina, right in the literal crease/point. After using neosporin on it, it seemed to clear up within about 3 days, it did before clearing up also appear to get a white head or cover on it.

So this Sunday evening (happy mothers day to me!) after using the restroom I went to wipe and felt a very slight pain when I touched the area that is l at the top part where the vaginal lips part. The same spot as the second bump. When I began to feel the area I could feel a small bump, probably about pea size. It was hard to tell if it was raised on the surface or beneath the skin since it was flesh colored. It seems to respond to neosporin as in the size decreased however after the neosporin it did seem itchy. After 24 hours (today) and 3 spaced out applications of neosporin and a warm shower it had a barely noticeable head, literally the size of like when you hit a tip of a fine point pen on a paper, almost couldnt see the point, when i squeezed it a clear fluid came out slightly oily. Very similar to the oil that comes out of a facial zit when you pop it. No blood or pus came out. Now the area does appear red instead of pink/skin tone but it had not appeared red before squeezing. But after squeezing it does not seem to be itching or uncomfortable. Any ideas? What kind of infection/anything on the vagina would appear as literally a single bump, in the same spot? As mentioned above I had shaved about 2-3 days prior to Sunday. I look forward to some input and if there are any changes overnight I will be sure to reply with an update on the condition. I just cant keep running to planned parenthood as I am unemployed with no insurance and truly cant afford $75 to have it checked.

As far as I can tell, it looks like this is the same recurring problem that you have had since you got your first bump. I am not entirely certain what it is but it seems that it's not HPV as they told you that it was negative. It is an odd recurring problem that you have but it doesn't appear to be bad. I know that right now you don't have insurance nor can you pay to have it checked but it probably would be best to have it checked as soon as you can, or at least as soon as you can afford it. Please keep us posted! I'm curious to hear what this issue turns out to be.

I do want to reiterate that it was not HPV I was tested for but HSV. This does not appear like HPV does, or as HPV's appearance has been explained to me. Just a little update, this morning which is now about 5 hours later the area is rather itchy (which i was told COULD signal healing since I popped it last night) but there is next to no bump and it does not seem to be appearing as an ulcer to my eyes. Just slightly redder than at first, I am sure due to the squeezing. I cant be for sure but I think I can now see a dark hour sprouting out from him, but I did just wake up and I could be seeing things, so I am gonna wake up a bit more and gently re examine! From what I know a herpes outbreak would not clear up in 2 days, so we will see.

I do want to reiterate that it was not HPV I was tested for but HSV. This does not appear like HPV does, or as HPV's appearance has been explained to me. Just a little update, this morning which is now about 5 hours later the area is rather itchy (which i was told COULD signal healing since I popped it last night) but there is next to no bump and it does not seem to be appearing as an ulcer to my eyes. Just slightly redder than at first, I am sure due to the squeezing. I cant be for sure but I think I can now see a dark hour sprouting out from it, but I did just wake up and I could be seeing things, so I am gonna wake up a bit more and gently re examine! From what I know a herpes outbreak would not clear up in 2 days, so we will see. And it does not look like your typical herpes since it is literally one spot and from what I can tell there never seems to be a "crusting over", but rather that the surface appears white when it begins to heal and the white does not go away if you blot it with tissue, I was told herpes does not typically have a white pus under the skin.

You are correct in stating that it's not HPV nor herpes because neither show up the way your bump does. I think that if you think that you are seeing a dark hair sprouting from it, it would make sense to me that this is an ingrown hair. I know that hairs can sometimes actually spring up on genitalia so that's always a possibility. I hope that's what it turns out to be because that's at least fairly easy to deal with! In any case, thanks for updating us.

I have the same symptoms, i had my dr check it out at my last pap, and she assured me that it's just in grown hairs do to shaving, it's nothing to worry about, just do not pop it!!!, it may be a little uncomfortable for a awhile, but it goes away on it's own, ur body will fight it off naturaly.

i think i had the same prob i had a bump that would show up after shaving it was like the size of a pea as well i also work out about 5 days a week really hard. I went and got it checked and the Dr told me i had an ingrown hair and that spot has some scar tissue on it now so anytime i shave that spot pops out because of the scar tissue so shaving gets it red and irritated she recommended i try a new method of hair removal

I have this too i think. Reaaccurs in the exact same spot about every two weeks though. No white puss or blood just a slightly sticky oily fluid comes out. It is a little itchy. I cant get checked out and it does have me a little freaked

i have a small knot close to the back side of my vigina it dont hurt or itch or anything i cant afford a dr i know its not a std im worried what can it be

About a month ago I started having a really bad itching problem around my vulva and clitoris area and then I found a little hard lump on right side of vulva inside lip area. It went away, it seemed, until the other day I felt the exact same kind of hard bump, or lump on my inner upper vulva or labia area, and also, I am red from the top of my vulva area, all the way to my anal area from all the itching, pain, and burning. The itching seems to come and go within a day and then it's back again. I have already used a yeast medicine for the itching and it is still here a month later. I'm afraid it might be Vulvar cancer. A couple of years ago they had found my pap smear abnormal after my las t child, and found white cancer cells in my vagina. They freezed it and took care of it they said, but I don't know!

Sooo glad I came across this, as I have had the same issue as well. I've had this happen at least 5 or 6 times that I can remember, and it's always months in between, and ALWAYS right aftershaving...same area, same 1 or maybe 2 bumps.  It can be a little itchy and quite annoying, ugh!  But a little neosporin always helps, and they are gone by the next day.  Very scary though not knowing exactly what it was...but I'm quite sure it is just an ingrown hair or two!

It's an acne. Squeeze out the fat.

Did you ever figure out the cause for this bump? I have the same thing.... hsv tested negative but of course I'm still worried :/

I get the same thing, one bump in same spot as u do. I have it now actually, and its really itchy. This time tho, I have tingly and an itchy feeling, I was thinking I have a yeast infection or herpes. I been with same guy for over 2 years, but I read it can stay dormant in ur body, so I been concerned. I dont have any sores like they show in the pics. Only this bump that I get. I been on an antibiotic so I'm leaning towards a yeast infection. I have doctor appointment tomorrow, so I will find out then.

I found a similar bump on the upper/outter side of my vulva. Tomorrow I plan on going to the DR will post what doctor says. I also work out about 6 days a week and sweat alot. I could not see an ingrown hair and the area only hurts to touch or squeezing and even then it's only mild pain. It is also only a single bump and I've had an STD test done less than 6 months ago and I have the same partner. W