Hello, I am a sexually active 20 year old female. I have been screened for STDs several times since becoming sexually active, and have always been clear. I also had an annual and a Pap smear just over a month ago with no problems. Recently, I had been feeling as if I had a small cut on the area between my vaginal opening and my anus. I thought it could have occurred from shaving, as I am not always very careful and have cut myself in this area before, or from sex, which I have on an almost daily basis with my current boyfriend. A few days ago, I noticed a single, small painless raised bump on the inner labia minora, left side, near the vaginal opening. The bump itself does not hurt at all, however, the cut that I had been feeling (which does not hurt, but is just slightly irritating when touched or rubbed) was right next to the bump. There is no sign of pus or blistering on the bump, and when I tried to pop it, I couldn't. I don't think that it's herpes, because it doesn't hurt or seem like a blister, but I don't want to pick at it, because that just makes it worse. Could this bump have been as a result of shaving? I don't think there are hair follicles in this area, but could a bump result from a cut as well? Is it possible that the bump was there first and the cut came as a result of shaving over it or irritation from rough sex? I am planning on seeing my gyno soon, but any sugggestions as to what this could be in the meantime? Or ways to make it go away and heal the cut? Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Have you gotten any replies? I have been screened for stds numerous times and it all came back clear as well... I am sexually active with my boyfriend and only him for quite some time. Sometimes when we have sex, its not well lubracated and im wondering if the tiny bump is caused from that...

Mine is also painless, not red or swollen, there no head (to pop it), its just kind of there....

Any feedback would help greatly! Its also toward the botten opening as well.

I have had sores after sex, and I was test negative on a herpes culture. And about a month later, I saw a gyno yesterday, then had sex later with my boyfriend. And now I have what appears to be small skin colored surface bumps on the inside of my vaginal lips. There is no pain, itching, swelling, discharge, or heads on the bumps, they also dont appear to be fluid sacks either. please help me. Im negative on herpes, and all the research Ive done on genital warts does not match. these bumps all appeared in one day after a gyno visit and sex.

It sounds to me like you guys have genital warts they can be removed by your doctor just don't use an over the counter wart remover on your genitals that will be bad

I have a small dot on the inside of my vaginal walls I have been to the doctor who says it is not herpes and has since prescribed me to a gyno. It hurts a lot when i have sex and I often bleed afterwards. I dont know what it is and I have no time to see the doctor. anyone have any idea?

i discovered a small bump on in the same spot (near the bottom opening just like the first post) but i am a lesbian and have had only one sexual partner and she is clean for anything. i was her first sexual partner. but today i discovered this bump which i believe showed up after having my period. could it just be an infection from the tampons?

I had this same problem a few times. I was really scared it was genital warts or herpes so i went to my gyno. She said it just seemed like irritated skin that could be the result from shaving or also the diplitory cream i used but i was clear on std's. It's in an area that doesn't have hair follicles so i'm assuming it must be from maybe the shaving cream or other cream but the gyno strongly recommended not to shave or anything

hello. i am having this same exact problem. down to every detail. and i know you posted this long time ago but if you ever stumble upon this i would really love to know what you gyno said about the whole thing. it would help soo much. just reply on here and i will keep checkking this page for awhile. thank youu =]

I have this same problem. I didnt know I even had anything down there until my boyfriend and I had sex the other day. Mine are right under my vaginal opening. Its like this white clump. I doesnt itch or burn. Its just there. I thought I had genital warts. Its really freaking me out. Did anyone find out when it might be? Ive shaved that area before too even though there isnt hair so I dont know if that had anything to do it with it. Im going to the gyno monday so hopefully everything will be ok :-([/img]

I have had a similar bump. It is tiny and painless at the base of the inner side of the labia majora (next to the clitoris). It doesn't itch or burn and there is no apparent "head". Just a tiny bump that can only be seen if the skin is pulled taut. My mom is a gynecologist and I called her worried that it might be HPV or HHV. Basically what she said is this: HPV typically comes in clusters that are cauliflower like. HHV (herpes) starts as a very itchy, burning pimple and within a couple of days will usually pop into a very painful sore. The possibilities of what this could be: a cyst (although they usually have white "head" and can pop) or micropapillomatosis which are normal bumps that sometimes can occur on the inner or outer labia. Of course there is always the possibility that is simply a tiny razor cut. If it is in an area where there are hair follicles it can simply be a "pimple" (clogged pore). The tear on the lower edge of the vagina can simply be from sex (this happens to me on occassion because I go long periods of time between partners).

She told me to wait about a week and see how it progresses and if nothing changes to just get it looked at and see how to go about getting it removed if possible (i don't particularly want to have this tiny bump forever!)

In any case, it is always best to go let a doctor look at it and get a blood test for HHV and all other STDs.

hello i have a similar problem.i have a lump it doesn't hurt or anything.i don't have any cuts but there is a lump at the top of my private area.i have been having safe sex with the man i am married to.i told him and my mom and they have no idea what it can be.me and my husband have been checked and neither one of us has any stds.and i haven't had sex with anyone before him.he is the first person i've slept with.i am not sure what it is. ?

I have the same problem...small ball right near my anus it don't bother me or it does not hurt but it's just there, sometimes it goes away n comes back....it's really weirding me out..I'm married n only been having g sex with my husband...I have one kid...do u think it's From
Givin birth?

Hate to say it but nobody here can diagnose you, even an online doctor couldn't. Even if you've been tested for STDs in the past, that doesn't mean that what you have now isn't one. Your best bet is to see your/a doctor and have this area properly assessed by an expert. It may be nothing but only a doctor can determine this. new lumps and bumps and sores and cuts and irritation and unusual symptoms to the genital/rectal area should always be assessed by a doctor. All you're going to get here is guesses from people not qualified to help you. Sorry.

I noticed the same kind of tiny nonpainful bumps about 14 years ago & I panicked! I was convinced I had picked up an awful disease & my life was now ruined! I was in tears when I broke down & asked my doctor about it. She looked at what I was terrified would become a treacherous diagnosis and she smiled. Yeah! She smiled! And when she tried to talk, her words came out as a chuckle! She explained that those are normal. They are glands (or something. Come on, its been 14 yrs & was NOTHING! Lol I didn't fully devote the specific terms to memory when I found out it was nothing!) Now here I am 14 yrs later with the same tiny bumps that have never changed a bit & never hurt! So my advice to u is 1. Stop panicking - your body doesn't need that stress. 2. Go to your dr & get the relief you so desperately need, take a big deep breath, & seriously think deeply about why the Creator of us all made specific rules concerning this issue. It took me a few scary situations to realize those rules were made to protect me & not hurt me. When we tell our small kids not to touch a gun or knife its because we know the danger even when they think they know how to "play safe". We tell them no because we love them! He does the same for us. I pray He blesses you today!