I have a singular bump near my inner thigh, but also close to my vagina. My doctor won't see me for a very long time, and I'm worried to death. I shaved very carelessly about a week ago, so I thought it might be an ingrown hair or a pimple. But when I tried to pop it, it started bleeding uncontrollably and nothing else came out. I don't know what to do and I'm worried sick. I had a pap smear test about a year ago that was abnormal. It said something like my cell count or cells were abnormal and that I should return for a checkup. I had NO idea how serious it could be and since I was young I didn't realize what it meant, so I didn't return to the doctor. What a mistake. Can someone please tell me if they've been in a similar situation or if they know if it's genital herpes or something else? Thank you.

It is not necessarily genital herpes. Herpes usually shows up in clusters but just a bump could be present as well. Herpes are more like blister-like bumps and they may bleed but they also cause the whole area to be very tender and painful.

Personally, I reckon it is an ingrown hair or a pimple, you don’t always have puss in pimples and ingrown hairs and they easily bleed.

The abnormal papa smear has nothing to do with this. Pap smear looks inside your vagina and it usually refers to abnormal cells on the cervix (the begging of uterus, end of vagina).
It is important that you have a follow up for the abnormal pap test results because these abnormal cells could be the beginning of cervical cancer. They grow very slowly but you need to have them checked regularly to see if some more changes occurred and to see if you would have to get rid of those cells, so they wouldn’t turn into cancer.

When you are there, look at the bump as well. I don’t think it is herpes, but you never know.

I also have a bump very similar to the one you described. If i squeeze it, it bleeds.. but only blood comes out so im not sure if its a pimple or an ingrown hair. Its a little uncomfortable and painful, but im very worried about it. It is dark and near my vagina. What did you do about it? Did you figure out what it was?.... tell me.... thanks

Guest wrote:

scaredsilly wrote:

I also have a bump between vagina and anus I thought it was a pimple but it won't pop nor does it bleed and i am very scared about it, cause herpes are so comin, i have been doing resource but haven't found anything about a signal bump please if both of you have found out about your results please tell me. and mine isn't dark it is a redish pinkish color i have a doctor appointment but i need to know soon about anyone else thank you

was it herpes?! coz i have summin similar

I have a very similar bump on my inner thigh near my vagina. I'm only 16 and a virgin so it can't be genitals herpes. I found out today that it bleeds not a lot but it's dark and I thought it was just an infection. If anyone knows what they did about it or they had the similar thing tell me cause it hurts when pressure is applied to it. and I'm scared about it. I have shaved down there and since I'm a student I don't have a whole lotta time in the morning to take my time shaving so I thought I just did something when shaving and a hair got infected or something. Or it was just a razor bump that got infeted or maybe a pimple. If you can help I'd appreciate it please and thank you!

You need to get checked for MRSA. It could be the antibiotic resistent version of staph. It is NO joke, and it is an easy blood test will get you the results. Don't mess with your health.