I'm a 27 year old woman 5 months ago i changed sex partners i have been having protected sex withthis one person.1 week ago i noticed a bump that resembles a pimple on the outer lip of my vagina the bump appeared one week after shaving the entire area hairless. I am experiencing no pain during urination, no discharge, the bump is not painful it is however slightly itchy. Recently it erupted and a very small amount of pus and blood came out, the bump has completely gone down . What could this have been an ingrown hair or something more serious?

I don’t think it is anything serious. If it were, there would probably be more than just one pimple like bumps. Herpes is specific, because it is more like a blister, filled with fluid that may drain and then form a crust on top.
I don’t even think it was an ingrown hair, I reckon it was an ordinary sebaceous cyst a.k.a a pimple. Sebaceous glands grow under the skin attached to the hair follicle duct and these glands produce oily substance that goes out to the skin along the hair and it lubricates our skin. When this oily substance collects and the ducts are blocked, the oil can accumulate and if the pores are open bacteria can get in and cause a pimple on top of the skin. The puss that came out probably had a bad odor. It is called sebum and represents dead skin cells, dead bacteria and this oily substance. The bad smell came for bacteria.

There wasn’t a hair in there, was it? I mean, it makes no difference if it were an ingrown hair or a pimple, it is important that it is gone and I am almost certain that it is no STD.

I have the same problem I have 3 bumps instead these are larger all about 3 inches away from each other . There is no puss they are just painful.

I did go to the beach and was shaving down there everyday for 4 days, which I normally don't do. Are they just 3 large ingrown hairs?

i think it''s a Bernoulli cyst

Hi i am 14 years old, i have never had sex and never done any of that stuff, but in the past 2 days their has been a large bump on the outside of my vagina. Would it be an ingrown hair.pleas help i do not want to discuss this with my mom its too awkward

okay im 16 me and my bf lost it to each other. we would always use condoms but the last time the condom came off accidentally and before we noticed he had put it in twice after that we stopped. 3 days later i noticed a little bump on the outside of vagina but it doesnt hurt or anything. it kinda looks like a pimple but i had never had one there before im scared. its still there and its been like 5 days already and it seems like now its a little white from the tip like if its gonna pop or something. can this be and std if none of us had one or just a pimple or ingrown hair since i shave too.

Well those symptoms really do sound like those of the std herpes. You should definetly go get checked out.

I am having a similar problem except mine have been healed.. My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 months and always having unprotected sex, I dont think we have ever had protected sex at all. How ever two weeks ago I got these painfull cuts on my vagina that were starting to get a bit painfull after I had used a tampon.. It was so painfull I could not urinate without screaming. I went up to the hospital where they had tested me and assumed it was herpes but I find that hard to beleive as I have never had another sexual partner other then the one I am with and after ten months this rash had decided to appear. They gave me some anti virals without actually knowing what it was and sent me home, they are niw healed and very itchy as you could imagine but I have the same thing on my finger now? herpes cant infect your finger can they?

What about this? okay i have a bump it was red and it hurt and then like 2 to 3 days later puss came out then i have two tiny little bumps that you cant even notice that have came before i have even had the herpes scare. but the bump that i am worried about had puss come out of it i have also had two other pumps that have come and gone but the doctors said that they were nothing and were not infected and they came a diffrent times however the present bump and one of the other bumps came after i shaved what do you think................. the puss came out on sunday then on tuesday it had a little covering on it bt when i touched it ti came off bt they have never came in clusters plz help im really scared

Alright so here it is. I get around, most the time i protect myself, however i just found out that a girl that i used to hook up with a few months ago just got tested and she had HSV2. Now i havent had any signs or symptoms really, this is where im unsure. I shave my entire body and have for awhile and ever since i get ingrown hairs often, mostly on my thighs and butt they are never fluid filled they are just irritating sometimes. They arent ever clustered and never bleed or anything like that but usually take awhile to dissipitate. so whats the likelyhood that these ingrown hairs are actually herpes?

Im not really sure, I had something similar to that called boils. Apply a hot towel to the area and the discomfort should subside. Mine never bursted or what not, I'd say if it comes back again, def make a docs appt.

what is your status now? People who have herpes may never see symptoms, but ingrown hairs may be a symptom from what i read online.

Im 15 and i never had unprocted sex but one time. but i get these bumbs on my vagina area and i pop them and puss come out than blood, and now i have another one and i had pop it once and puss and blood came out but now it's red and nothing comming out and it only just one bump and i look at pictures of herpes on goggle but none of them look similar to mines im really scared can you help me ?:'(

do you shave? i get that everytime I shave aswell. tiny tiny little pimples some normal onex with a white tip after a few days it pops and bleeds. if so, dont worry. maby your area is just very sensitive.

Don't freak out guys! They're probably pimples. It's very common to get pimples in your vaginal area, around 9 out of 10 girls experience this throughout they're lives. If it pops, and pus comes out it's most likely NOT herpes. Herpes appears as a small bump, and will probably look similar to a pimple, the difference is that if it's a herpes sore, it will burst, and clear liquid may come out. It will then for a crust, or scab on top, and withing a few days, heal and go away. Herpes sores do not pus (have white ooze come out), and will not come to a head. We've all had zits on our faces, so if that what it looks like it probably is. If you are concerned, you should seek out your doctor for a professional opinion. They'll be able to set your mind at ease. Good luck, and don't freak out until you've been check by your doctor. Good luck.