What else can be cause of female genital sores if not herpes? How can it be visually differentiated by affected person? I mean what is the difference between vaginal sore caused by herpes virus and another type of sore? I’ve noticed something lately that first looked like bump on genital mucosa. It has developed a bit bigger and seems like sore, but still is very small. It is painful and located in external part of vagina.

As I know there is number of conditions in which genital sores are likely to occur. Almost all of them are stds. They are venereal warts, syphilis, granuloma inguinale, chancroid, molluscum contagiousum and all of them cause visible sores on external vaginal mucosa. There are also several non- sexually transmitted conditions like contact dermatitis and non-specific vulvovaginitis. If I were you I’d ask for professional help and would not do any self-treatment before get proper diagnosis.

hey guys im 15 and i have a cut on the lower part of my vagina.
im super scared cause i was reading up at said it might be herpes but ive never had sex!
the only thing ican think of was that i left my underwear at my friends house and i think she might of wore them (SICK) but i was washed them in hot water so that should of taken any germs away.
and the cut wont go away its almost like a paper cut.
its brutal its hurts to wipe my vagina after i urinate. and like im freaking out thinking that if i have herpes i will never be able to have sex and that would be horrible. i feel every women should expirence.
the cut is almost like a paper cut or something. and is VERY itchy.

if anyone knows about this please let me know cause im soo scared
thanks guys

I have no Idea what it might be. But I have sores on my external vegina and I am not sure what they are they do itch and burst producing pass and blood they are not that big but very painful when touched

pls tell me what it isCode:

4 the girl who left your underware at ur friends house go to you docter cause i was reading an it says the blisters and sores will appear with Genital Hepes 8-|

Hidradenitis suppurativa

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

The Answer Hidradenitis suppurativa

Classification and external resources

ICD-10 L73.2

ICD-9 705.83

DiseasesDB 5892

eMedicine emerg/259 med/2717 derm/892

MeSH D017497

Hidradenitis suppurativa or HS is a skin disease that affects areas bearing apocrine sweat glands and hair follicles; such as the underarms, groin and buttocks. It is more commonly found in women and can be present under the breasts.

Contents [hide]

1 Overview

2 Stages

3 Causes

4 Severe complications

5 Treatments

6 Footnotes

7 External links

[edit] Overview

The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses or boils, which can be as large as baseballs or as small as a pea, that are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage of pus, often leaving open wounds that will not heal. Drainage provides some relief from severe, often debilitating, pressure pain. Flare-ups may be triggered by stress, perspiration, hormonal changes (such as monthly cycles in women), humid heat, and clothing friction. Persistent lesions may lead to scarring and the formation of sinus tracts, or tunnels connecting the abscesses under the skin. At this stage, complete healing is usually not possible, and progression varies from person to person, with some experiencing remission anywhere from months to years at a time, others may worsen and require surgery in order to live comfortably. Occurrences of bacterial infections and cellulitis (deep tissue inflammation) may occur at these sites. HS pain can be difficult to manage.[1]

HS often goes undiagnosed for years because patients are too ashamed to speak with anyone.[1] When they do see a doctor, the disease is frequently misdiagnosed or prescribed treatments are ineffective, temporary and sometimes even harmful. There is no known cure nor any consistently effective treatment. Carbon dioxide laser surgery is currently considered the last resort for those who have advanced to its highest stage, where the affected areas are excised, and the skin is grafted. Surgery doesn't always alleviate the condition, however, and can be very expensive.

It is possible that there is genetic predisposition to the disease.[2] HS is not contagious, and is not affected nor caused by good or bad hygiene. HS is often called an 'orphan illness', due to little research being conducted on the disease at this time. Because HS is considered a rare disease, its incidence rate is not well known, but has been estimated as being between 1:24 (4.1%) and 1:600 (0.2%).[3]

Other names for HS

Hidradenitis suppurativa has been referred to by multiple names in the literature, as well as in various cultures. Some of these are also used to describe different diseases, or specific instances of this disease.[1]

Acne conglobata - not really a synonym - this is a similar process but in classic acne areas of chest and back

Acne Inversa (AI) - a new term which has not found favour.[4]

Apocrine Acne - a misnomer, out-dated, based on the disproven concept that apocrine glands are primarily involved

Apocrinitis - another misnomer, out-dated, based on the disproven concept that apocrine glands are primarily involved

Fox-den disease - a catchy term not used in medical literature, based on the deep fox den / burrow - like sinuses

Hidradenitis Supportiva - a misspelling

Pyodermia sinifica fistulans - an older term, considered archaic now, misspelled here

Velpeau's disease - commemorating the French surgeon who first described the disease in 1833

Verneuil's disease - recognizing the French surgeon whose name is most often associated with the disorder as a result of his 1854-1865 studies[5]

To the 15 year old girl, herpes can only be contracted from direct skin-to-skin contact with the virus. Even if your friend, who is probably too young to have had sex herself (and even if she had it would be unlikely she got herpes), you would not get it from wearing the same underwear, especially if you washed it.

Cuts in moist areas with a lot of bacteria (your vagina) take much longer to heal and are more likely to become infected. See your doctor for an antibiotic to help with the possible infection (it's nothing to worry about, just painful).

Tell your doctor that you haven't had sex. Doctors always jump to the conclusion that if a woman has a vaginal problem it must be an STD. The thing about STDs is that they are sexually transmitted and if you haven't had sex, you most likely don't have one. Tell him that or he will test you for every STD in the book which can not only be humiliating for someone your age but pretty scary as well.

In conclusion, don't worry, your cut got a little infected and a course of antibiotics should fix you right up.

I also have noticed genital sores so I got checked for STDs but it all came back negative. What might it be? can i treat it myself instead of going back to the doctor?

I have a sore on the inside of my labia. I have never had sex in my life. I am 13. I can't think of any possible way that this could have happened. I'm so scared. Please help me. :-(

Several things can cause vaginal sores that are not herpes; thrush and yeast infection being among the top, Behcets being rare and least likely. Blocked hair follicles can also cause painful sores, as can having a reaction to feminine deoderant sprays. It is best to consult a doctor and test specifically for the herpes and syphallis virus' as well as explore these other reactions.

hello,
I woke up this morning with a small hard bump on the outer side of my vagina on the lip, there's only one and it doesn't hurt or itch. I've been seeing this guy for a while now and when we were fooling around he told me he had herpes. we ended up having sex with protection and no part of him touched down there, i'm concerened because i touched him with my hand, is there a way i could get it through that sort of contact? possibly when i wiped after urinating? any help is greatly appreciated thank you so much

To this person (and a few of the other, especially younger, posters here):

Some teens erroneously get the idea that they can't contract STDs if they didn't have sex. Wrong! You can contract genital warts from skin-to-skin contact (without any penetration) and you can contract herpes in this area if you had oral sex with someone who had an active oral infection. etc.

Better to get tested than speculate on these things. Sometimes waiting closes your treatment opportunity. If you are worried about your privacy - not telling your parents, etc. - you can usually get anonymous help through your local STD clinic, Planned Parenthood Clinic, etc. Try these places, which will not judge you and which should protect your right to treatment without notification to your family (or at least I hope so).

Also, to another poster, yes, you can "self-spread" an infection like herpes from one place to another, but that sounds unlikely in the situation you describe. If it is painless, that is not usually the case with a first herpes infection. Again, you should be tested. A lot of people don't get tested in situations like this, keeping themselves in a veil of ignorance and meanwhile spreading conditions further....

Good luck.

To the girl who wrote this: Those cuts hurt badly and are red and sore. I had this, and it was caused by yeast. See a doctor for treatment and you will feel better soon!

Can I get sores from masturbating? Because I noticed them a day after masturbating. too much stimulation?

hey i got d same problem(never had sex) do help me if u r relived