Hi, my grandfather had a stroke and since then he feels dizzy and stays in bed almost all the time. Will his dizziness disappear in time?

In some people recovery after stroke goes faster, but their abilities will be much lower than before the stroke and some people never recover. It depends how severe was the stroke and which parts of brain are affected. Some researches support the theory of certain diabetes medications being useful in recovery process after stroke. African Americans are more likely to suffer strokes and their recover rate is lower than whites. These drugs reduce brain swelling, neuron loss, and death after stroke in rats, so some estimations say that they could be used in humans too.

My brother had a stroke ~1yr ago and he still has symptoms of shortness of breath and dizziness with any minor physical activity, even activity of daily living, like walking up a flight of steps.

He is able to control his shortness of breath by lying down, but if he doesn't immediately rest, the shortness of breah episode is severe. So severe that his face turns pale and he looks totally exhausted after the shotness of breath subsides.

He has seen a cardiologist and worn a heart monitor for 48hrs. They did an echocardiogram which the doc said looked normal. We were also told the results from the heart monitor were normal. But, we know that his heartbeat goes down to 40 during the night and his max. heartbeat was 156 while wearing the monitor. The only physical activity he did while wearing the monitor was walk around his neighborhood outside. I would not think his heartbeat would jump up to 156 with this light of physical activity.

Any answers as to what is causing the shortness of breath and dizziness?

can someone please help me? I am dizzy inside and it is making me really tired. I've worked so hard since my cerebal stroke March 2012 and can cope the body but not this continual dizzyness inside my head.  I really don't know what to do?

My husband had a cerebellar stroke that put pressure on the brain stem. He ended up having sixth nerve palsy in the left eye which caused double vision which can cause your head to feel crazy.  In addition, the cerebellum is very important for your balance and coordination and damage there can cause dizziness. 

Standard treatment for double vision seems to be a patch which corrects the vision but takes away depth perception and peripheral vision. (not good when you are dizzy!)  A neuro-optician can help.  There are inexpensive perscription stickers they can put on glasses that can immediately correct some of the site issues caused by stroke.  It's not a cure but will significantly improve quality of life by helping the "head feeling crazy",  also you keep your depth perception and peripheral vision.  As far as the dizziness, vestibular therapists with balance training should help.  The brain needs to heal and relearn how to deal with specific movements.  There are several exercises to do with your eyes and your body to help.  Good luck.  There is hope!