Hi. 30 Year old male. 6'2" 280lbs.

I've been researching some issues on the net trying to find out what has happened to me recently.

I've suffered headaches for som time now when I wake up in the morning. I've always attributed it to lack of sleep since I am an overnigh truck driver.

Last Friday night I was playing cards at a friends house when I suddenly had a "rush" go through me. I stood up but felt dizzy and confused and absolutley terrified that something bad was happening. I'd say it was along the lines of a panic attack. I couldn't see properly, I had a headache and it felt like my heart was going to leap through the top of my skull. I had this strange overwhelming fear of dying or something terrible happening. No matter what I told myself I could not calm down. My wife and I went on the net to see what could be wroing and I could not read properly. It seemed confusing to me so I just walked back and forth up and down the hall. This seemed to at least keep me from feeling like I was going to die. This lasted for a few hours before I finally fell asleep.

Since this time I've been getting headaches and dizziness when I stand up or do something strenuous. The pain seems to be behing my right eye and in the rear of my head near the very back of the skull. I have astigmatism but I cope well. Yet it seems when these headaches are occuring I have a difficult time seeing properly.

It's had me scared to death all week and thanks to the wonderful Canadian Socialist Healthcare system I'm still waiting to see a doctor. A walk in clinic is available but they seem to give little interest in your problems. Last time I ended up in a hospital after he told me "Everything is fine with you."

Is there any suggestions that I can give to the GP when I see him? Should I be very very worried?

I can think of several possibilities.
1. High blood pressure (HBP): HBP is asymptomatic in most people, but some people experience headache, blurred vision and dizziness. Your can check your blood pressure yourself with a BP monitor.
2. Cerebral aneurysm where a small leak has occurred: warning headache, mental confusion, pain behind the eye.
3. Acute (closed angle) glaucoma : headache, eye pain, blurred vision. If left untreated, vision can be lost in a matter of days.
4. Panic attack : your panic attack symptoms may be secondary to other medical conditions.
5. Transient ischemic attack (TIA) or mini-stroke: blurred vision, dizziness, mental confusion.
You really need to see a doctor as soon as possible. Better safe than sorry.