My husband has complaind about his heart skippping a beat, chest pain, shortness of breath,heart pounds , and it beats hard intill it skips...What could this be and wht should he do????? Please help

Your husband is likely not experiencing any problems with his heart. Rather, he is probably experiencing an anxiety attack. The symptoms you listed are classic for anxiety attacks... and often, stress related issues like anxiety attacks do not always occur at times of the most stress, but instead later in the day when you're trying to relax, or very commonly when you are trying to fall asleep (or are already asleep) at night.

Unless your husband has been diagnosed with a heart condition, it is likely an anxiety issue. De-stressing is my first recommendation... Counseling is my second recommendation. It probably isn't something he can deal with on his own.

Saw this post via google.

I don't buy the whole "...it's anxiety... you need to see a shrink." response. Go to a medical doctor and tell him about it. It may cost you $45 for his opinion, but it's better then $200/hr. A shrink isn't going to hook you up to an EKG machine or monitor your heart. A shrink will psycho-analyze you and attempt to toss a few drugs in your direction.

Seeing a shrink may result in several sessions. This doesn't fix your problem if its physical. See a real doctor.

I also had some of the same problems and was diagnosed with a mitral valve prolapse where the mitral valve in your heart doesn't open and close properly and can cause some of these same symptoms.

i had similar symptoms : irregular heartbeat(fast, then slow,etc)& would skip beats; tightness in my chest; shortness of breath; & feeling as exhausted as if id just got done w/an intense cardio workout.
Classic panic attack symptoms. Well i finally went to a Dr while the syptoms were occuring, & he was ready to write it off as an anxiety attack. He finally did an EKG, & by the results of it found that i was having Atrial Fibrulation. i now have med to help keep my heart rhythm steady
So it is worth getting checked for these symptoms to prove/disprove if it anxiety or something more. . . .