Hi, my 45-year-old father had a stroke, most recently. At first, he had some difficulties with speech, was feeling dizzy and had a vision problem. Then this brain attack came, but that`s not all. After returning from the hospital, he`s not himself anymore. I know it was a great shock for him, but he seems to lose his consciousness from time to time. Could it be the symptom of another stroke? Is he in danger, or is this temporary loss of consciousness “normal” for his post-trauma condition?

Hi, I know that symptoms of a stroke are, except difficulty speaking or walking, dizziness, numbness, paralysis, sudden confusion, severe headache, vision problems, and, the most important for you, sudden decrease in the level of consciousness! So get him to the hospital man. Also, when the loss of consciousness is temporary, it is referred to as syncope or fainting. Syncope is due to a temporary reduction in blood flow, which leads to a loss of consciousness. What about his heart condition? That could be the cause of temporary impairment of the blood supply to the brain.