I've been on 4mg of subutex more or less for two years...can vicodin [hydrocodone] help me get off subutex the same way subutex got me off opiates...in other words stop taking subutex and using a little hydrocodone to get through the withdraws and then ween quickly off of the hydrocodone before to much dependincy sets in?....might this work to some extent?
also can anyone tell me on using a scale of 1 to 10 the differance of severity of subutex withdraws vs opiate withdraws? how much worse are opiate withdraws....thanks for any helpxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The only benefit of the hydro is the extremely short h-life when compared to methadone bup, etc. The key is getting to a low enough maintenance dose to not care about getting high and just feeling normal. Use the Vicodin responsibly and try to take as little as possible for about a month. This sounds ironic but it will give your body enough time to get dependant on the low hydro dose and give you the month that it takes to get long half life opiates out of your system and save you some grief. All thats left is cold turkeying the vics which shouldnt have physical symptoms lasting more than about a week. Good Luck

Ok so I have been reading these posts and the problem is nobody has a real answer. This us what i know, methadone is one of the hardest detoxes known to man. I was on it for a year and got as high as 200mgs a day. I got off by doing opiates for 21 days. Heroin, oxy contin, oxy codone, wwhatever I could get. After I was sure the methadone was out of my system, and knowing opiates take about 3 days to pass through your system based on cold turkey detoxes in the past, I did methadone for those 3 days and never looked back. I am not a doctor and I was told it wouldn't work but damn it, it did. Of course doctors will say substituting is not good but consider the fact that your addiction pays their bills. All I know is it works. After the 3 days, it is on you. Stay strong in your mind. It isn't easy but that is the price we pay for being bad.

I'm 39 done drugs my whole life pot coke meth. Tried heroin at 28, had a 600$ a day habits for 2 years and went to methadone to get off the heroin thought it was the best thing ever made I was In Columbia sc. Got up to 320mg a day. 10 yrs later had an accident and was court ordered to get off methadone in Georgia so got myself down to 60mg a day switched to subtext took 16 mg for two weeks 8mg for three days 2 mgs for two days now this part I don't recommend to anyone I'm just sharing my ex. I have no family and have a very demanding job and didn't have the luxury of staying home so I did meth for 3 days starting right after my last 2, mgs and I've been drug free for 2weeks now and honestly didn't have any withdrawals. The methadone withdraws were the worst experience of my life but the subtex is nothing. I'm a little emotional but no other withdrawal symptoms. I guess it really is different for everyone and you don't hear many story's of coming off that are easy but compared to heroin and even worse methadone I have to say for me it was a walk in the park. Praise God

This a BAD idea! Only addicts could think doing this would be a good thing. Isn't the whole idea to get off of drugs completely? Who wants to just keep trading one drug for another just because no one wants to go through withdrawl! Think it through.

If you are on subutex...skip a day once in awhile. It has a strong half life which means it stays in your body much longer than other opiates.

Taper off. Keep tapering and skip a day....(this is how it worked for me and I was addicted to everything, including I.V demerol!

Don't snort anything. It's not productive. It won't help. It will only prolong what you have to get through.

Keep tapering...down to an 1/8 (a speck). Yes it is that powerful. B4 you know it, you will be done. Then the REALLY hard part starts....namely Life on Life's terms. Good luck. You can do it. I know because I did it.

To the person above this; you have obviously never been an "addict". I (being a recovering addict) think that if you can get yourself off the hydro then this us a great idea. You obviously have no idea what withdrawals are like. Please do not judge someone on the choice they are making to get clean. Yes, we have made very bad choices, but we are still PEOPLE and deserve to be treated with respect. The last thing we need is idiots like you putting us down.

I got off tramadol by using hydrocodone for two weeks. No withdrawals from hydro either after that. Btw, tramadol is the worst withdrawal I've experienced.

Well you are lucky because coming off a three year subutex addiction is definitely the hardest thing I have ever tried to do, I have not yet succeeded.

Totally agreeded. Wow i.v. demerol, probably once in the hospital. Lol

I agree! Tramadol is the worst thing to come off of! Ive had two knee surgeries and my knee still hurts all the time so I went to the pain management Dr and he said all he prescribes is tramadol or zubsolv. And since I was there for pain, he prescribed tramadol. I didn't expect it to do much as I've been addicted to oppiates for years. Well he gave me 120a month saying they werent opiods so they were safer and less addictive. So I ate them like candy because it takes alot to get rid of the pain and it sped me. He took me off after 6 months because I had diladid in my system on my drug screen after I had stomach surgery that he knew about! Anyway I was stuck without any at all or anything to help with withdrawals and I was sick for 2 months even if I took other pain pills I still w/d from the tramdol. And it was by far the worst ive ever DT from until I got prescribed to suboxene. And now opiods don't bother me at all. No more w/ds or feening for some type of opiod.